Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Worth - "worth" fishing?

Posted By: WolverGene

Lake Worth - "worth" fishing? - 09/02/16 01:23 PM

need a little insight. just moved to the DFW area and the wife and I love to fish and live by Lake Worth, Eagle mountain and Marine Creek lakes.

any insight on best bass fishing patterns for Lake Worth. I've heard a lot of rumors that this lake is a bad lake and that it had toxins in it at one time, but it's been dredged...

any help to the new kid in town would be appreciated
Posted By: buda13

Re: Lake Worth - "worth" fishing? - 09/02/16 01:35 PM

Lake Worth is one of those lakes that you either love or hate.. I happen to love it. Yes it did have toxins in it from a jet crash many years ago that resulted in PCB levels high enough for a consumption ban to be place on the lake, it has since been removed... I rarely keep anything I catch anyway so it never affected me. Fishing wise, docks and any shallow cover you can find with a square bill, flipping bait, and/or spinnerbait.
Posted By: Mikeyb_23

Re: Lake Worth - "worth" fishing? - 09/06/16 12:55 AM

I fish worth at least one a week, mostly for crappie though. Bass fishing is best in the reeds, shallow. I usually throw some type of Grande bass and do pretty good. Nothing like they do during the tournaments though.
Posted By: 89javelin100

Re: Lake Worth - "worth" fishing? - 09/06/16 06:06 PM

Ya I went out with a tournament guy there and wow he def opened my eyes. that lake is actually pretty nice and whew he caught plenty of fish that day and some good ones. I would def recommend it. Up in the river area is beautiful!
Posted By: tbucket101

Re: Lake Worth - "worth" fishing? - 09/19/16 02:09 AM

I too live in the area and fish Worth a lot.....like everyone says, shallow, reeds...but I'm a moving bait kinda guy and haven't had much luck with plastics but it's because I'm not any good at it. I've thought about going up the river but the stumps changed my mind. Being a new boat owner, it got the best of me thinking I would screw the new boat up.....but I've always caught fish every time I've been out there.....me and wife usually catch 15+ between the both of us and always have a good time. EM is a different story though.
Posted By: nitroslim

Re: Lake Worth - "worth" fishing? - 09/27/16 05:17 PM

you have to idle now up in the river. I have not been up there in some time. Every now and then the little lake will shine.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum