Texas Fishing Forum

Any recent reports from Calaveras?

Posted By: Salty_Addict

Any recent reports from Calaveras? - 07/18/16 05:28 PM

Looking to head down to Calaveras on Friday with a buddy of mine and haven't seen any recent reports other than the one from TPWD. Anyone know what the bite is like there recently? Primarily targeting reds, if that helps.
Posted By: russcue1

Re: Any recent reports from Calaveras? - 07/18/16 09:09 PM

Haven't fished there in a few weeks but local reports have been pretty good. Will you be on a boat or bank fishing?

Re: Any recent reports from Calaveras? - 07/19/16 12:46 PM

I'll have the boat out there. Used to have great luck on the wall until it got shut down. mad
Posted By: russcue1

Re: Any recent reports from Calaveras? - 07/19/16 09:20 PM

If you have down riggers and a decent fishfinder you can find the schools and get gold spoons or colored artificials like Kelly wigglers and get it down to the depth the fish are sitting in. This time of year they can be found between the wall and the dam but they move around continuously. I've been reading of some good reports of anchoring up and fishing with head on shrimp too. I'll be there Saturday in a blue sportsman so if your out there give me a shout. Good luck

Re: Any recent reports from Calaveras? - 07/20/16 12:08 PM

Good info, much appreciated.We have usually had good luck casting 1oz chrome and black rattle traps but will have a lot of live bait and shrimp. I try not to fish on the weekends to avoid all of the crazies, usually stick to Friday mornings. Thanks again for the info.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum