Texas Fishing Forum

Cooper Lake reports?

Posted By: bowhunter247

Cooper Lake reports? - 05/17/16 11:38 AM

Heading out with the old man in the morning, any reports would be greatly appreciated. Will be staying at Doctors Creek Unit due to the forecasted wind out of the NE.

Will be in the Blue and White Bluewave, stop by and say hi.

Hoping to catch some Blues , Whites, or Hybrids.

Thanks.
Steven Ranjel
Posted By: slim1

Re: Cooper Lake reports? - 05/17/16 12:30 PM

Might check and make sure Doctors Creek is completely open. Last week only the boat ramp was open. Don't know about fishing the lake. We filled up my freezer from the creeks and spillway a month ago.

Re: Cooper Lake reports? - 05/17/16 08:55 PM

Will do, thanks.

Re: Cooper Lake reports? - 05/18/16 08:26 AM

Called Doctors Creek, camp sites and ramp are open.. Heading that way after morning traffic dies down.
Posted By: slim1

Re: Cooper Lake reports? - 05/18/16 11:59 AM

Let us know how you do.

Re: Cooper Lake reports? - 05/19/16 11:56 AM

Got a late start on Wednesday, shad was busted up, had to work for bait and was catching them 2-3 at a time. Anchored up in a cove near Doctors Creek in 4' of water. Shad was busting the all around, and it looked like a good spot. Fishing was slow, had a couple hits, got a few lines tangled up in some underwater debris, and lost some tackle. Started getting late, then the old mans rod got slammed. He caught a 22 1/2 inch large mouth weighing 7.4 lbs. After taking a few pics, he put it in the live well. That was the biggest bass he ever caught and was very excited. He is old school, eats what he catches as long as it's legal. We talked about that fish for a little while, and I was very surprised when he decided release him back into the lake and not the frying pan.

Storm is on its way, looks like we're going to get rained out today.
Posted By: Bruce Bullard

Re: Cooper Lake reports? - 05/24/16 06:28 AM

Nothing like a PB to make a great trip with your Dad.

Re: Cooper Lake reports? - 05/24/16 02:03 PM

Thanks. He is the old man from down the street. We met because he cussed me out for walking my dog in front of his house. He has since adopted me, and we have become good friends.

The water was pretty muddy, and we were unable to locate any sandies or hybrids. We did a little drift fishing for cats, and ran a few jug lines. he pulled in a 23.4 lbs blue. he had a blast of a trip.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum