Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Waco

Posted By: Cracker

Lake Waco - 04/06/16 09:12 PM

Anybody got a report on Lake Waco?
Posted By: Skip

Re: Lake Waco - 04/09/16 11:41 PM

Waco is a bit tuff right now. There fish ut there and they can be caught but no consistency.
Posted By: Timothy

Re: Lake Waco - 04/13/16 12:35 PM

Lake Waco has been real iffy. In the past month I have been down there to fish, once by boat, and four times bank fishing, and the bite comes and goes. Sometimes the same conditions on two different days have two different bites. The last time, a friend and myself went bank fishing for sunfish and caught keeper catfish on live earthworms. The night before with almost the same conditions I caught two bluegill and a crappie on the same bait.
Posted By: Dylinapickl15

Re: Lake Waco - 04/14/16 02:35 AM

I think every report I've seen for Waco in the last 4 years has been some variation of "tough." Is it just a poor lake?
Posted By: PTGfish

Re: Lake Waco - 04/17/16 02:12 AM

No. It's been taking 15 lbs with 3 fish to win working mans. 2 weeks ago 10.30 big bass. Took 22lbs to win tournament today.
Posted By: AvidOutdoors7

Re: Lake Waco - 04/21/16 01:33 PM

I live about 2 min from this lake, and fish it all the time. I have noticed over the years that Waco always has a very tough bite compared to other lakes. I looked it up and Waco isnt even in the top 200 lakes to fish... and thats just in Texas. The only way to do good is if you know the lake very well.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum