Texas Fishing Forum

Proctor Lake

Posted By: webbangus

Proctor Lake - 03/19/16 02:11 AM

Was there this past weekend. Very slow. The water was glass early and then windy and rough. No keeper fish caught. Water is high and dirty. Not very many boats out.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Proctor Lake - 03/21/16 01:55 PM

Hate to hear that. We have a camping trip planned there this weekend. We will give it our best and see what happens. Thanks for the report.
Posted By: blaing

Re: Proctor Lake - 03/22/16 01:06 PM

A friends friend went out last weekend (19-20) and fished on the other side of the bridge? Apparently you're not suppose to fish on that side, (but I guess they tried it real quick)they hammered the whites. I've actually never been to Proctor so I don't know how it works out there. I hope to go out soon and try the crappie/whites, I hear it's one of the better lakes for it.
Posted By: webbangus

Re: Proctor Lake - 03/22/16 11:17 PM

I never heard of not being able to fish on the other side of bridge. White bass in that area are good to catch. The shad school there a lot. I was told later that I was a week early.
Posted By: Don G

Re: Proctor Lake - 04/01/16 01:42 PM

Originally Posted By: blaing
A friends friend went out last weekend (19-20) and fished on the other side of the bridge? Apparently you're not suppose to fish on that side, (but I guess they tried it real quick)they hammered the whites. I've actually never been to Proctor so I don't know how it works out there. I hope to go out soon and try the crappie/whites, I hear it's one of the better lakes for it.

I would bet they walked over to the back side of the dam; was there camping and Park Ranger told me he had caught some folks fishing behind the dam. Crappie fishing has been poor for Proctor this time of year although stripers have been excellent for about 3 weeks now.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum