Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork Report - Sat March 12th

Posted By: cruzfishing

Lake Fork Report - Sat March 12th - 03/14/16 09:23 PM

Lake Fork is currently flooded. Water temperatures were 55-62 where we fished (near minnow bucket marina).
The early bite was slow, bass moved off the shoreline cover and we found them in 10-15 feet of water holding tight to cover before the rain hit. Use a creature bait, jig or carolina rig flukes and worms to trigger those bite.

The afternoon bite picked up, The sun came out and we started catching them in freshly flooded cover and mat's.. Jig, chatterbait and white spinner bait fished within 6-12 inches of shore produced the best for us.
If you saw 2 crazy guys in a bassbuster, during a storm, on lake fork, you can guarantee they are addicted to fishing...and if it can float they'll try to catch fish with it. wink Hey, catching that 6+lber was worth almost sinking during the storm.... true story.
Hope you guys do good out there!
1st fish of the day...I was very proud of him...don't be jealous..

Think my scales off, because I am pretty sure it looks like a 12lber to me.

Instagram: cruzfishing for more reports and pics
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: Lake Fork Report - Sat March 12th - 03/15/16 11:02 AM

Nice, Probably not a 12 but looks bigger than a 6.7 ! Nice bass anyhow. Congrats.
Posted By: IdRaTherBeCasting

Re: Lake Fork Report - Sat March 12th - 03/15/16 01:22 PM

scales were off... a lot bigger than 6lbs. i think... wow bassbuster.. getrdone.
Posted By: crankbait745

Re: Lake Fork Report - Sat March 12th - 03/15/16 01:33 PM

I talked to you under the bridge during the storm. I thought you said you were sand bass fishing? Congrats on the bass.
Posted By: cruzfishing

Re: Lake Fork Report - Sat March 12th - 03/24/16 02:54 PM

Thanks guys!

Hey Crankbait745, yeah we remember talking to you, we went under the bridge to get out of the rain and wind...and started catching sandies. I thought you said something about big bass and that is when I said that's what we are here for! ha. We finally did get a bigger boat, but what I realized is that the bass buster forced us to stay longer in areas normally I would left if I didn't catch anything. It worked in our favor for that day because we had to pick things apart and find the fish in our area. A lesson I'll take with me.

After we fished the bridge, the wind and waves got really bad so we headed into shore and the little sucker took on a bunch of water after a boat went racing by us...we emptied it out and fished the rest of the day and caught those ones above. It turned out to be a great day.

We'll be back out there this weekend, hopefully will see you there.
Posted By: tbucket101

Re: Lake Fork Report - Sat March 12th - 03/31/16 05:53 PM

Cruz, any suggestions on where a good ramp is for a Fork newbie? Never been but looking like the stars are aligning for me and momma to go Saturday morning.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum