Texas Fishing Forum

02-28-2015 Stillhouse

Posted By: FishTheBite

02-28-2015 Stillhouse - 02/29/16 02:22 PM

700am-12:00pm
Water temp ~56-59
Strong South Winds!
9 Sandies burning silver blades baits from 17'-24' of water between 8:30 and 9:00. Location given up by the birds. The females are full of eggs and the males of milt.

Is anyone fishing/catching any whites in the river above Stillhouse yet?

What could have been a very disappointing day on the water turned out great. I had the pleasure of watching my favorite person get the hang of casting. By the time the school of sand bass decided to quit cooperating she was throwing almost as far as me. Up to now her catching has been all livebait or trolling. Being able to catch fish, any fish, by casting and retrieve an artificial is IMO a huge milestone on the path to becoming an angler.

The majority of fish that I have caught out of Stillhouse this year have all come from 17' to 24' of water. I don't know if it is just coincidence or a pattern?
Posted By: illest23

Re: 02-28-2015 Stillhouse - 02/29/16 02:49 PM

TFTR. I have seen limits in/around gravel crossing.
Posted By: FishTheBite

Re: 02-28-2015 Stillhouse - 02/29/16 03:53 PM

Thanks in return.
Maybe some of these fish spawn on windy flats and points in the lake?

Or there will be more than one run up the river and the ones in the lake now are waiting their turn?

If the second scenario is it one can only wonder at what mechanism/conditions are at work to trigger the successive runs.

It is never as simple as what we want it to be.

PS - Judging from your location you are probably a soldier. If so thank you very much for your service.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum