Texas Fishing Forum

Lake aquilla largemouth

Posted By: mrhtx

Lake aquilla largemouth - 02/28/16 07:50 PM

Anyone fished there lately any reports? Thinking on gonna hit this evening for first time hoping to some kind of info
Posted By: armadilla

Re: Lake aquilla largemouth - 02/29/16 09:53 PM

Spawn has been on for 2 weeks.... caught this gal this morning.

But the worst part was having to listen to two other guys out there (the usual suspects that fish it all the time) complain about the 9 pounders they have been throwing back while hunting for double digit fish... and then complaining that the bite is not near as good as it was 2 weeks ago.
Posted By: FishTheBite

Re: Lake aquilla largemouth - 02/29/16 10:26 PM

Nice fish!
Posted By: Rob W.

Re: Lake aquilla largemouth - 03/01/16 02:02 AM

My sister caught her personal best out there last Friday. 7 LBS. 14 OZ. Spawned out. Probably a nine pounder before she spawned. She caught it on a spinnerbait in 4 ft. of water.
Posted By: mrhtx

Re: Lake aquilla largemouth - 03/02/16 01:48 AM

I stopped and fished it was first time and it treated me rough is water always stained?
Posted By: SteveHummert

Re: Lake aquilla largemouth - 03/02/16 02:11 AM

yes, water is always stained to muddy

Re: Lake aquilla largemouth - 03/07/16 01:48 PM

Fishing continues to be GREAT! Caught them Friday and Saturday....
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: Lake aquilla largemouth - 03/10/16 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: armadilla
Spawn has been on for 2 weeks.... caught this gal this morning.

But the worst part was having to listen to two other guys out there (the usual suspects that fish it all the time) complain about the 9 pounders they have been throwing back while hunting for double digit fish... and then complaining that the bite is not near as good as it was 2 weeks ago.

That's a great looking fish. Thanks for the report.

Re: Lake aquilla largemouth - 03/11/16 03:44 PM

Drove down to Aquilla yesterday to check it out after all the rain... the water at the ramp at Dairy Hill was about 2 to 3 feet from the top of the ramp... Water was very muddy.. but, you could still get on the lake... lots of flooded areas around edges now... lots of brush to fish in. Strangely, the Corps was not releasing a lot of water.... but some... I think they will turn it loose in a few days after water downstream goes down a bit... In the meantime I think the lake will continue to rise since it will take a while for the water in the area to run off into the lake... AND it is still raining down there.

Going to give it a few days to settle down. The rain is supposed to stop tomorrow.

rt
Posted By: charlief1

Re: Lake aquilla largemouth - 03/18/16 09:42 PM

I live 5 miles from the lake so if you guys don't want to drive down, send me a note and I'll see if I can take a look. cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum