Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Nacogdoches

Posted By: etexbasser

Lake Nacogdoches - 02/20/16 11:05 PM

Sent most of the afternoon and early evening on Lake Nacogdoches Friday, it was windy. Found some water as high as 62 degrees. Caught a lot of fish, mostly small bass, probably bucks and some very large crappie in very shallow water. The crappie came of out less then 3 fow. I didn't catch many, but the ones I caught where good ones. I don't think the spawn is "on" yet, but some have moved up. I caught the bass while crappie fishing, that's the way it goes with me. I do like to bass fish, but I was looking for crappie yesterday. Will be back next week maybe.

later...don
Posted By: Tyler.Woods

Re: Lake Nacogdoches - 02/28/16 11:29 PM

Try a spinnerbait or chatterbait over the hydrilla. Been catching good ones doing that.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Lake Nacogdoches - 02/28/16 11:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Tyler.Woods
Try a spinnerbait or chatterbait over the hydrilla. Been catching good ones doing that.

Uh oh. You used the "H" word. TPWD will be out there tomorrow releasing 100,000 grass carp.
Posted By: Tyler.Woods

Re: Lake Nacogdoches - 03/01/16 05:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Rayzor
Originally Posted By: Tyler.Woods

Uh oh. You used the "H" word. TPWD will be out there tomorrow releasing 100,000 grass carp.

Apparently not because I didn't see them out there today and caught fish in it! ha
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum