Texas Fishing Forum

Fayette 11/10/15

Posted By: fishytx

Fayette 11/10/15 - 11/12/15 12:28 AM

I got on the water at noon. First stop was in the far south east corner where the rip rap and land meet. (No swimming signs are posted) Started off throwing a top water bait first thing. Found a few fish, caught them on back to back cast. Kept working this area and ended up with seven in thirty minutes. A few were dinks, so I decided I wasn’t catching any more of those and went looking for bigger fish. I was running and gunning for the next three hours picking one up here and one up over there. Any how, I was stuck on the twelve count for a long time, almost to the point of calling it quits. But I didn’t quit, I kept on searching. After several more stops, I decided to go check out the area where I was on that dink fest yesterday. Glad I did, the dinks were no where to be found, but the three and four pound fish were plentiful. Started out catching them on plastic, then I switched back to the top water bait and it was the right choice my friend. Three and four pound bass were just crushing this thing. I definitely got my rod bent and drag pulled. Not to mention all the dancing on the dance floor. I had my hands full pulling these freight trains to the boat. Jump, oh my gosh, they were doing it all, jumping, stripping drag and bending that pole. I ended the day with a count of thirty two bass while fishing solo. This did not turn out to be a good trip, it was a great trip. The time I spent searching paid off in the end, because it’s hard to beat a good top water bite trip. Good quality fish today, felt like I was back at home on this lake again.
Awesome fishing trip. No ultra light tackle today.
Posted By: Kevin D.

Re: Fayette 11/10/15 - 11/12/15 04:29 AM

Very nice. I know exactly where you were.
Posted By: KutTail71

Re: Fayette 11/10/15 - 11/12/15 04:34 AM

That will get me started. Have a club tourney there this weekend.

Re: Fayette 11/10/15 - 11/12/15 01:52 PM

If your club tourney day has a blue bird sky day, I would fish in 12 to 18 FOW a few hours after the sun comes up. They seem to be moving off most flats pretty quick. The quality fish do any way. If you know where some grass flats are that drop off in 6 feet, there will be some 2 pound fish staged on those. Or this has been my experience for the past two weeks. The twelve foot hump on the dam has a pretty good plastic bite, but throw out towards the center of the lake, not towards the dam. I like to sit in 14 FOW on the hump, then I can work the water in every direction. Hope this gives you an extra edge during your tourney.
Posted By: KutTail71

Re: Fayette 11/10/15 - 11/13/15 12:04 AM

Thanks! Weather shows to be cloudy most of the weekend so will see.

Re: Fayette 11/10/15 - 11/13/15 03:17 AM

From 1pm to 3pm has been tough. No one I know, or talked to, has been able to find feeding fish during this time frame either. It's the one here and one over there deal.
Posted By: Chris Coufal

Re: Fayette 11/10/15 - 11/13/15 04:13 AM

I'm headed there tomorrow to find some fish to tug on my line!

Re: Fayette 11/10/15 - 11/13/15 01:54 PM

thumb The chew Is good.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum