Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Ray Roberts Fishing Report

Posted By: RayRobertsFishingGuide

Lake Ray Roberts Fishing Report - 11/09/15 05:02 PM

Fishing is great at Lake Ray Roberts! Recently, rain in the watershed has pushed the lake level to about a foot over normal level. Therefore, there is a small release of water from the lake. Water temperature has fallen to the 60s and all species of fishing is good. Thanks to a very successful spawn this year, I believe we have more fish and baitfish than we have had in many years. We should have excellent fishing for the next few years, barring any unusual events by Mother Nature.

White Bass are plentiful and can be caught on slabs jigged on the bottom on points and humps in 20 to 40 feet of water.

Crappie fishing is good for the first time in a while. They are being caught on minnows and jigs on the Corps of Engineers brush piles in 15-30 feet of water. You can also catch them in standing timber in the same depth water. Not only is the number of Crappie good, the average size is better than it has been in years.

Largemouth Bass are cooperating! They are being caught on a variety of lures fished along the shore in 2-6 feet of water. Good numbers are coming from the main lake as well as in the creeks. Crank baits and spinnerbaits fished in shallow water are a couple of the most productive choices this time of year.

Having been a full time fishing guide on the lake for 26 years, I can say that the overall fishing is better than it has been in several years!

Jim Walling
Posted By: Delvec

Re: Lake Ray Roberts Fishing Report - 11/11/15 12:15 AM

Thks for the report Jim.
Posted By: TheSinistral

Re: Lake Ray Roberts Fishing Report - 11/13/15 10:16 PM

Thank you, Jim.
Posted By: Luke57

Re: Lake Ray Roberts Fishing Report - 11/16/15 07:52 AM

Thanks Jim welcome to the forum
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: Lake Ray Roberts Fishing Report - 11/16/15 06:58 PM

Jim knows Roberts. I highly recommend him !
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Lake Ray Roberts Fishing Report - 11/17/15 01:38 PM

You will have a good time fishing with Jim.
Posted By: GHS Bass Team

Re: Lake Ray Roberts Fishing Report - 12/02/15 10:53 AM

My son and I had a great time with Jim last week on Roberts. He put us on some good fish. I highly recommend Jim..

Thanks, Greg and Austin
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum