Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Winnsboro?

Posted By: Jiggy wid it

Lake Winnsboro? - 09/25/15 01:36 AM

has anyone fished Winnsboro lately? Just wondering what the fishing is like right now.

Re: Lake Winnsboro? - 09/25/15 11:12 PM

Nobody? Hmmmmm

Re: Lake Winnsboro? - 09/27/15 07:48 PM

Well, since nobody (135 views) wants to talk about Winnsboro do y'all want to use this space to complain about how the fish at Fork aren't biting or how the only thing biting at Ray Roberts are dinks? Maybe y'all could talk about the inconsiderate people that block the ramps when you are trying to launch. Or pick your subject.
Posted By: BJH ( JUST JIGGING)

Re: Lake Winnsboro? - 09/27/15 11:46 PM

I have just been busy finding my own fish!!!! You might try it! thumb

Re: Lake Winnsboro? - 09/28/15 12:17 AM

Gonna try it and I damn sure won't ask for any info again.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: Lake Winnsboro? - 09/28/15 12:43 AM

I love that lake. It should be pretty good over there right now. It is a great lake in the late summer/fall months.

Re: Lake Winnsboro? - 09/28/15 02:15 AM

Thank you sir.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: Lake Winnsboro? - 09/28/15 11:29 AM

If there is still flooded grass a frog will be killer over that. If not square bills and med running crank baits are awesome on points in craw fish patterns and fire tiger patterns.

Carolina rigs over creek channel's are good also and they like a blue fleck power worm over there also. Try top waters early around the island by the first pocket by the dam and the coves to the east side where roads cross at the back are also very good.

I ran a guide trip over there in mid summer and we killed them on frogs and chatter baits.

Good Luck & Have Fun
Posted By: DJB

Re: Lake Winnsboro? - 10/10/15 02:47 PM

How's the bass fishing,anybody willing to give a report?

Re: Lake Winnsboro? - 10/10/15 11:59 PM

It was worth a try

Re: Lake Winnsboro? - 10/12/15 01:52 AM

Sure. I asked for info so the least I can do is offer info. We went last Sunday and had a fun day. Caught 30, mostly 10" to 12" fish. Three keepers. Caught them mostly on spinnerbaits, rat l traps and square bills. Never found any fish that wanted plastics.

We went to Holbrook on Monday and caught fewer fish (15) but they were all bigger fish and the top water bite was on. Had a blast.

Re: Lake Winnsboro? - 10/12/15 05:31 PM

Thanks Jiggy that's the same results I had
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum