Texas Fishing Forum

Waxahachie

Posted By: Drummond1

Waxahachie - 08/17/15 12:16 PM

Went to Waxahachie first thing Sunday morning. Lots of bites by the dam with a baby brush hog watermelon red. You could tell they were all small and finally brought in 2 of them. Went clockwise a little ways to what looked like an old boat ramp (with a drainage pipe next to it), caught 4 1 pounders there on a zoom trick worm in green pumpkin Texas rigged. Had fun but just gave up while I was ahead, didn't have any confidence in catching anything bigger.
Posted By: Alfster

Re: Waxahachie - 08/17/15 12:54 PM

I was at The 3rd landing at the end of old Italy Road fishing the bank, got there about 30 mins before daylight. I fish the entire bank up to about 10:30am, all small stuff. My first time going there was bummed. First time I have picked up a pole in 2 years. and Strike out!! shocked
Been lurking here for months.... First Post grin
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Waxahachie - 08/17/15 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Drummond1
Went to Waxahachie first thing Sunday morning. Lots of bites by the dam with a baby brush hog watermelon red. You could tell they were all small and finally brought in 2 of them. Went clockwise a little ways to what looked like an old boat ramp (with a drainage pipe next to it), caught 4 1 pounders there on a zoom trick worm in green pumpkin Texas rigged. Had fun but just gave up while I was ahead, didn't have any confidence in catching anything bigger.
PM sent to you
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Waxahachie - 08/17/15 02:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Alfster
I was at The 3rd landing at the end of old Italy Road fishing the bank, got there about 30 mins before daylight. I fish the entire bank up to about 10:30am, all small stuff. My first time going there was bummed. First time I have picked up a pole in 2 years. and Strike out!! shocked
Been lurking here for months.... First Post grin
welcomeThis time of year you will have to fish deep water near the dam for quality fish.There is a huge BP sitting out there in about 23-24 FOW that holds them during the summer Months. You might also try the points on the south side of Lake that drop into deeper water.This lake has only two GOOD points IMHO that offer this situation. Go to www. Navionics.com webapp and see which two you think they are. 2cents
Posted By: Alfster

Re: Waxahachie - 08/17/15 03:37 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Life has finely allowed for more fishing time and I aim to use it.
Posted By: Fish Comedian

Re: Waxahachie - 08/21/15 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Drummond1

I think the old boat ramp you refer to is the point where old howard road crossed the lake prior to the lake being dammed up. The first ramp entrance is where Old Howard road ran "thru the lake". I think. There still might be a visible hump on your finder when cross over it.
The last time I fished it in a boat, there were lots of large sunfish along the dam that would make you think you were about to catch the lake bass record. I would bring in a 10-11 sunfish.
Posted By: Fish Comedian

Re: Waxahachie - 08/21/15 06:13 PM

I know there are times when the sandbass school up close to the intake. Just be mindful of the bouys.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum