Texas Fishing Forum

Choke Canyon

Posted By: robertd2119

Choke Canyon - 07/20/15 08:53 PM

I am not trying to say I am some great fisherman but I can catch fish. We had our club tourney on Choke Saturday and Sunday and we have some pretty good sticks in our club. 1 FISH for 1.4lbs wins a 2 day tournament!!!! UN-FRICKIN believable!!! bang
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Choke Canyon - 07/20/15 11:12 PM

But some of the coves look soooooo good with that brush covered by the water!

The best fishing there now is for Carp & Gaspergoos.
Posted By: Big Lunker

Re: Choke Canyon - 07/21/15 05:42 AM

Yep, really a sad situation considering what Choke use to be like. Like the saying goes all good things come to an end one day. frown
Posted By: txmark1959

Re: Choke Canyon - 07/21/15 01:46 PM

That's rough
Posted By: robertd2119

Re: Choke Canyon - 07/21/15 05:35 PM

It was crazy. I went when it was super low and marked some rock piles and things. No fish on any of them. Used my hummingbird 998 to locate and honestly couldn't even find any. Went from 2 ft to 20 ft. Figured I just had a bad week-end then find only one legal fish caught. My wife caught a 12 incher. I didn't get a bite. Only two other bites reported.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Choke Canyon - 07/21/15 07:20 PM

My aunt and uncle went a month or so ago and just casted rattle traps and shallow divers along the shore and caught several. Maybe yall are thinking too hard with all the fish finders and gps etc.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Choke Canyon - 07/22/15 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
My aunt and uncle went a month or so ago and just casted rattle traps and shallow divers along the shore and caught several. Maybe yall are thinking too hard with all the fish finders and gps etc.

You just might be on to something! noidea
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Choke Canyon - 07/22/15 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimbo
Originally Posted By: redchevy

You just might be on to something! noidea

Doubtful. I chunked many lures a few weeks ago with no regard to the graph; but I did not throw a Ratltrap type of bait.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Choke Canyon - 07/24/15 06:17 PM

It was always hard to convince myself to throw a ratltrap into a lake full of trees, but its always been my number one bait on choke too. I mean second to shiners under a bobber.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum