Texas Fishing Forum

Started releasing water at Canyon Lake

Posted By: Big Lunker

Started releasing water at Canyon Lake - 05/30/15 07:06 AM

We reached 926.61 water elevation, but they started releasing water yesterday at 2476 CFS. Canyon looks great and we should have a good summer with the lake full. Thank you Lord for this valuable resource.
Posted By: fishark

Re: Started releasing water at Canyon Lake - 05/30/15 12:08 PM

Anybody have any info from the Army Corp E. When or how long before the boat ramps will open again?
Posted By: JesseX

Re: Started releasing water at Canyon Lake - 05/30/15 01:05 PM

Posted By: Big Lunker

Re: Started releasing water at Canyon Lake - 05/30/15 01:35 PM

Originally Posted By: fishark
Anybody have any info from the Army Corp E. When or how long before the boat ramps will open again?
I'm just guessing but I would imagine they won't open it up until they get the lake level down to or pretty close to 909.0 which is the operating level for the lake. Just a guess like I said.
Posted By: fishark

Re: Started releasing water at Canyon Lake - 05/30/15 03:46 PM

Thank you for the info JesseX. I think I just might have to try one of those early next week.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Started releasing water at Canyon Lake - 05/30/15 04:13 PM

Should be some good fishing once the lake settles down!
Posted By: TuN3R

Re: Started releasing water at Canyon Lake - 05/30/15 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimbo
Should be some good fishing once the lake settles down!

Even that river below dam will be pretty awesome for rest of the summer :P Those deep holes will have some good fish lurking around.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Started releasing water at Canyon Lake - 05/30/15 10:29 PM

Once again, another pounding on the Guadalupe river basin.
Posted By: JesseX

Re: Started releasing water at Canyon Lake - 05/31/15 03:04 AM

Lots of water coming into Canyon lake.

3,700 CFS coming into the lake right now and outflow is 2,190 CFS.

I want to go out really bad but I am going to stay away. Only a few ramps open and don't want to fight the crowds.

Good luck to all who venture out. Make sure you let us know how you do.
Posted By: kevbach

Re: Started releasing water at Canyon Lake - 06/01/15 04:50 PM

I couldnt stand it and took my kayak out to ramp 6 Friday morning and messed around for a couple hours. Being only one of two ramps open, it was pretty busy with ski boats, jet skis. As expected, water murky and full of debris. Lake was unrecognizable and was hard to get my bearings, spots I used to fish are now under 20ft of water. Managed only one dink, no other bites. Looking forward to it getting to 909.
Posted By: cbag1

Re: Started releasing water at Canyon Lake - 06/01/15 07:56 PM

Just got back from fishing in my kayak put in at boat ramp 5. Tried for catfish in the shallow water just covering new grass. No luck. Also tried for some bass in different spots with no luck. Several fishermen out with the same results.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum