Texas Fishing Forum

Meadow Lake

Posted By: Csafisher

Meadow Lake - 03/08/14 05:17 PM

Caught a couple decent bass there this morning before it started raining. Anyone ever fish this lake with good results?
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: Meadow Lake - 03/09/14 12:43 PM

If you're talking about the Meadow Lake in Seguin, no. There are no fish in there. Just go over to Placid. I repeat, do not go to Meadow Lake.

I've never caught any big bass there, but I usually can catch a limit.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Meadow Lake - 03/10/14 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By: elcoyote
If you're talking about the Meadow Lake in Seguin, no. There are no fish in there. Just go over to Placid. I repeat, do not go to Meadow Lake.

I've never caught any big bass there, but I usually can catch a limit.

Something sounds very suspicious about this. Hmmmmm......
Posted By: Rhino Ranger

Re: Meadow Lake - 03/10/14 06:08 PM

Where is boat ramp for Meadow? How big is youre boat?
Posted By: edward martinez

Re: Meadow Lake - 03/10/14 06:25 PM

I live on meadow lake and caught plenty of big ones they're just gotta know how to fish them.
Posted By: bacosta

Re: Meadow Lake - 03/11/14 01:20 AM

I love meadow! I caught a 9.82 last year there and do pretty well. Spend time scanning, lots of deep rock piles that hold them... Oops I ment, there is no fish there..!!
Posted By: fishingmanchris

Re: Meadow Lake - 03/12/14 02:29 AM

seems like all the river lakes from new braunfels to seguin are decent fishing if you spend your time getting to know them. never had much success fishing dunlap or mcqueeny
Posted By: Rhino Ranger

Re: Meadow Lake - 03/12/14 03:38 PM

Can u launch a ranger 520? If so, where is ramp/

Re: Meadow Lake - 03/13/14 01:17 AM

River Shade RV Park, 3995 S. State Highway 123 Bypass

Never been there but I hear there is a small ramp there.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Meadow Lake - 03/13/14 01:22 AM

Better call and find out before you go. It's a very small narrow ramp and I was told they only allow small fishing boats to launch.
I launched my kayak there when I went but I could see where a larger boat might have a problem.
Posted By: nb_one

Re: Meadow Lake - 03/13/14 03:38 AM

I launched my 21ft Skeeter there. Better to have 4x4 to pull it out. Steep ramp.
Posted By: fatgirls1982

Re: Meadow Lake - 03/13/14 03:39 AM

Iv been and WOULD NOT launch a tandem axle big bass boat, the ramp just drops off into the river not sure about the big rv park up the road

Re: Meadow Lake - 03/13/14 04:08 AM

The ramp sucks. Drops off very quick, dont ask how I know wink I had a terrible time with it and it was an 18' boat.

Re: Meadow Lake - 03/13/14 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By: reddrooster
I launched my 21ft Skeeter there. Better to have 4x4 to pull it out. Steep ramp.

Ouch! This happened to me at the ramp at Turtle Bayou east of Houston. I didn't have a problem putting the boat in but getting it out was another thing. I do not have 4WD and it simply would not pull the trailer up and over the ramp's drop-off. Fortunately for me there was a guy with a 4WD Toyota Land Cruiser with a rope that pulled me out.

Be careful!

Re: Meadow Lake - 03/13/14 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By: fatgirls1982
Iv been and WOULD NOT launch a tandem axle big bass boat, the ramp just drops off into the river not sure about the big rv park up the road

I launch my tandem axel all the time at the small rv park. They have a pole to mark were the ramp ends. I've never used the ramp in the above pic but my partners 521 ranger launches there, but as stated really helps to have 4x4 to pull out.

Re: Meadow Lake - 03/13/14 08:21 PM

Pulling out is always tricky !
Posted By: nb_one

Re: Meadow Lake - 03/14/14 11:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Rayzor

Ouch! This happened to me at the ramp at Turtle Bayou east of Houston. I didn't have a problem putting the boat in but getting it out was another thing. I do not have 4WD and it simply would not pull the trailer up and over the ramp's drop-off. Fortunately for me there was a guy with a 4WD Toyota Land Cruiser with a rope that pulled me out.

Be careful!

Getting the trailer up over the hump was not going to happen. Notice the tire marks I had already laid down. One of the RV park guys pulled me out. I won't launch there again without a 4x4.

Re: Meadow Lake - 03/14/14 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Rayzor

Be careful!

Getting the trailer up over the hump was not going to happen. Notice the tire marks I had already laid down. One of the RV park guys pulled me out. I won't launch there again without a 4x4.

I understand completely.
Posted By: riverdogbone

Re: Meadow Lake - 04/03/14 03:00 AM

Meadow lake is the new hot lake fishing much better than dunlap,placid,and mcqeeney the cats out of the bag
Posted By: Big Lunker

Re: Meadow Lake - 04/03/14 05:49 AM

If anybody wants to check it out, that chain of lakes extends past Meadow Lake. We use to call them 4H and past that was 5H. Small little chain lakes but man we use to catch the hell out of them. I think they have privatize both of these lakes, to where there is no more public boat ramp access to either one. Use to be kick-butt along time ago. Caught my biggest smallmouth out of 4H. Like I said you may want to check it out. fish
Posted By: fishmcqueeney2012

Re: Meadow Lake - 04/03/14 07:05 PM

Stop giving our fishing spots away!!!!!

Re: Meadow Lake - 04/03/14 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: fishmcqueeney2012

Gotta love the good ole internet! rolfmao
Posted By: jugmaster

Re: Meadow Lake - 04/03/14 11:24 PM

Sounds like a new spot to try. It's been a few years since I've been
Posted By: ZeroHour

Re: Meadow Lake - 04/04/14 12:23 AM

YA its a big secret anyone using the search engine and or google earth can find out about :0

Re: Meadow Lake - 04/04/14 02:23 PM

This place was a secret(pasted down by my step dad) iv been fishing it for about 15 years and have only seen a handful of boats but thanks to TFFers nothing is secret anymore!
Posted By: RudyDep

Re: Meadow Lake - 04/04/14 04:45 PM

Meadow Lake is only a secret to people that dont live in the area. I found it back in the mid 80's. Havent been there in awhile ...but...its NO secret.
McQueeney on the other hand...any PUBLIC boat ramp is a MAJOR secret !!!! soap
Posted By: Hunt91

Re: Meadow Lake - 04/04/14 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: fishmcqueeney2012

Seriously! Take a lesson from duck hunters. If you don't understand what I'm saying, then hop on THF or duckhuntingchat.com and ask about the duck hunting on a certain lake. Loose lips sink ships fellas.

Re: Meadow Lake - 04/04/14 10:49 PM

Meadow is the hot lake right now going this weekend i will post pics there are no secrets anymore hell i remember way back when not a lot of people didnt know about dunlap ,all the river chain lakes are good on down from Dunlap just a matter of time woods lake is also becoming a favorite tpwd is been advertising it and for good reason my buddy went there about a week ago and caught back to back sevens coolio

Re: Meadow Lake - 04/05/14 01:51 AM

I shouldn't of told you my report riverdogbone lol

Re: Meadow Lake - 04/05/14 05:26 PM

Ah now bacosta your secret safe with me someone should have a tournament at meadow or woods ! wink

Re: Meadow Lake - 04/24/14 04:44 AM

Went there this past Saturday caught 18 bass two went over four pounds this is my new favorite lake and the best thing about it no jet skies or boat traffic unlike lake austin dunlap or mcqeeney no traffic at all going back this weekend lost a nice fish as well on a Carolina rig. I will put in the time on this lake all summer all it needs now is some grass .there is some lily pads did pull a few out of them its wierd nobody fishes this lake more those fish are wild like they have never been caught before they fight so hard.
Posted By: thedeuce

Re: Meadow Lake - 04/24/14 12:03 PM

When we rolling, I ready

Re: Meadow Lake - 04/24/14 02:52 PM

Saturday morning deuce lets do it
Posted By: thedeuce

Re: Meadow Lake - 04/25/14 03:01 PM

Game on baby, your boat my champ is way to long for that ramp. It is on baby

Re: Meadow Lake - 04/25/14 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: riverdogbone
Went there this past Saturday caught 18 bass two went over four pounds this is my new favorite lake and the best thing about it no jet skies or boat traffic unlike lake austin dunlap or mcqeeney no traffic at all going back this weekend lost a nice fish as well on a Carolina rig. I will put in the time on this lake all summer all it needs now is some grass .there is some lily pads did pull a few out of them its wierd nobody fishes this lake more those fish are wild like they have never been caught before they fight so hard.

You mean I caught two over four..! I want in on this.....!

Re: Meadow Lake - 04/25/14 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: thedeuce
Game on baby, your boat my champ is way to long for that ramp. It is on baby

A Z9 was out there, Clint's 521 ranger launched there too....
Posted By: parttime

Re: Meadow Lake - 04/25/14 05:02 PM

Where is the boat ramp on that lake?
Posted By: TuN3R

Re: Meadow Lake - 04/25/14 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: parttime

I think one of the RV park there charges you fee for launching !
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: Meadow Lake - 05/02/14 01:33 PM

Originally Posted By: parttime

There are 2 of them, across the river from each other. River shade has the very steep, but longer ramp. Lakefront has one that isn't very steep, but is very short. I can barely launch my zx200 there without going off the end of the ramp.

Posted By: trucknmusic

Re: Meadow Lake - 04/28/15 03:37 PM

Ok i know this is a year old but can someone tell what hours the ramp is open. It said online that it is only during the day but i like to launch early and sometimes fish till after dark. Also if anyone knows the current water conditions after the rain on meadow or placid that would be appreciated.

Re: Meadow Lake - 04/28/15 11:01 PM

That RV park went out of business. Ramp is chained. Placid is open. Water will be ok in another day or so.

Re: Meadow Lake - 04/29/15 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Csafisher
That RV park went out of business. Ramp is chained. Placid is open. Water will be ok in another day or so.

Which one? I may have to call BS on this one?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum