Texas Fishing Forum

Gibbons Creek is on Fire

Posted By: Tmac

Gibbons Creek is on Fire - 05/30/13 11:45 PM

30 to 60 bass per day has been the norn lately with a lot of fish over 7 lbs are being caught. Lilly Pads, Lilly pads, Lilly Pads thats were the fish are.
Frogs are not working very good yet as it has not really been hot enough yet. Use a dark worm with at least 20 lb flo line and a 1/4 weight and you will be able to have one of your best days.
Posted By: texag87

Re: Gibbons Creek is on Fire - 05/31/13 05:09 PM

shhhhhhhhh

Re: Gibbons Creek is on Fire - 06/01/13 12:15 AM

Fished 2 hours this morning and had all the good spots to myself. Boated about 20 up to 5 lbs. Could not land the big ones had a couple on that had there way with me in the pads. Had to leave them biting to get back to work but was a great moring never the less.
Posted By: Chuck7700

Re: Gibbons Creek is on Fire - 06/01/13 03:15 AM

Wow...that's a lot of bass.
Posted By: CypressTXBass

Re: Gibbons Creek is on Fire - 06/01/13 04:28 PM

Must be a morning thing. Got there after lunch and fished until 7:30. There were fish in the pads but they would not even look at a worm, senko, fluke, etc... They would occasionally come up and hit at a hollow frog but were not eating it. Caught 5 but 3 were on square bill. Talked to several others who had same afternoon. At 6:30 everything shut off totally and it went from not great to terrible real fast. Should have stuck with good old Fayette!

This was my experience on Friday anyway.

Re: Gibbons Creek is on Fire - 06/01/13 06:53 PM

Bite was on again this morning. Just talked to a buddy that started at first light and by noon he had well over 30 bass with the largest being 10.6 on a digital scale that was 27.5 inches long. He also had another over 7, Now this is his report but he has been catching then on the same pattern I have and using the same baits.
Posted By: Lou r Pitcher

Re: Gibbons Creek is on Fire - 06/01/13 09:36 PM

wopics

The only thing on fire at Gibbons today was my behind against a sun lit boat seat as I motored from spot to spot looking for a bite.

Posted By: Mikel Stephens

Re: Gibbons Creek is on Fire - 06/02/13 12:13 AM

only hot in the early morning... after that you have to be lucky or good
Posted By: BassColonel

Re: Gibbons Creek is on Fire - 06/02/13 01:41 AM

I caught about 8 this morning so it definitely was not on fire for me. Caught almost all of them by 9 am. My biggest was 3.5 lbs. Wind was howling. Lake is completely full now.
Posted By: brett8388

Re: Gibbons Creek is on Fire - 06/02/13 09:53 AM

I also went Saturday. Totally sucked. Waste of time.

Keep posting these internet bragging reports and maybe we can get the lake more crowded. There is nothing more enjoyable than tons of fishermen on a lake that is maybe 1200 fishable acres in the summer.
Posted By: Bug-e

Re: Gibbons Creek is on Fire - 06/02/13 10:02 PM

I fished for a few hours after the storm passed this morning. Immediately after the storm passed there was no wind...water was like glass. Maybe the first time I've seen that at Gibbons! smile I haven't seen the lake this full since 2007. I caught a couple of bass and a freshwater drum on a square bill crank bait. All fish were pretty small. It was really fun to get on the water.
Posted By: basspro99

Re: Gibbons Creek is on Fire - 06/03/13 10:00 AM

we fished it Saturday from first light to around noon as well to get ready for our club tourny in a couple weeks. We ended the day with 16 fish between me and my partner. Biggest was 5lbs and we had three of those type fish. The rest were around 2-4 lbs. Not a great day but we did find some decent fish.
Posted By: Compassman

Re: Gibbons Creek is on Fire - 06/04/13 03:00 AM

And where did you find them Bo???

Re: Gibbons Creek is on Fire - 06/04/13 10:06 AM

They were all caught in Gibbons Phil, Bwahahahahaha
Posted By: Chris Coufal

Re: Gibbons Creek is on Fire - 06/05/13 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: brett8388
I also went Saturday. Totally sucked. Waste of time.

Keep posting these internet bragging reports and maybe we can get the lake more crowded. There is nothing more enjoyable than tons of fishermen on a lake that is maybe 1200 fishable acres in the summer.

I don't understand why people get so pissy about posting a report? We have report sections for a reason. He didn't post GPS coordinates....he posted a report saying the bite is good.

TFTR

Re: Gibbons Creek is on Fire - 06/06/13 02:15 AM

Thanks for the support Chris, I am fishing this Friday and would post a truthful report just like last time if I did not think I would get bashed over it and have fellow fishermen saying the post was worthless.

Re: Gibbons Creek is on Fire - 06/06/13 10:14 AM

Tmac, post all the reports you want to. There will always be atleast one complainer in the bunch.
Posted By: brett8388

Re: Gibbons Creek is on Fire - 06/06/13 10:49 AM

Originally Posted By: basspro99
Tmac, post all the reports you want to. There will always be atleast one complainer in the bunch.

And there will always be people that do not believe the power of the internet and the amount of fishing pressure it can bring to a lake.

Posted By: one knocker

Re: Gibbons Creek is on Fire - 06/06/13 12:24 PM

Originally Posted By: brett8388
[quote=basspro99]Tmac, post all the reports you want to. There will always be atleast one complainer in the bunch.

And there will always be people that do not believe the power of the internet and the amount of fishing pressure it can bring to a lake.

WWAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

Re: Gibbons Creek is on Fire - 06/06/13 04:40 PM

Is that your boat out there one knocker,loo. I might recongnize a few of those boats. How old is that picture. Thats a good community hole. We will be bringing around 10 to 12 boats next weekend for our club tourny just so you know. Fair warning. lol
Posted By: one knocker

Re: Gibbons Creek is on Fire - 06/06/13 04:48 PM

Is that a joke?? You know my lil boat is too small to show up in that pic!!! Bahahahahahaha

Re: Gibbons Creek is on Fire - 06/06/13 04:54 PM

haha,
I thought it looked like some of our club boats but the lake looks to full in that picture. It was very low two years ago. Glad it back to full pool.
Posted By: Frisbie

Re: Gibbons Creek is on Fire - 06/07/13 05:34 PM

There are a lot of pads out there. Try the Maxi or Always.
Posted By: Frisbie

Re: Gibbons Creek is on Fire - 06/07/13 05:34 PM

Oh. Lilly pads. Never mind.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum