Texas Fishing Forum

Belton Lake

Posted By: 1FowlFishn

Belton Lake - 05/20/13 02:20 AM

Just got back from across the pond and wanna get the boat wet!! hows the fishing been?
Posted By: illest23

Re: Belton Lake - 05/20/13 09:02 PM

Water level is still low. I usually go every weekend but I fish from the shore and have been catching several Bass on Watermelon finesse worms/lizards. Caught a few bass this past weekend working a watermelon worm along the shore and a small hybrid Bass on a Chrome rattle trap.
Posted By: Vance1012

Re: Belton Lake - 05/21/13 08:17 PM

If you don't mind me asking can you gimme a hint around where the bass are biting off the bank at belt on I've been trying for weeks.
Posted By: bottomraker

Re: Belton Lake - 05/21/13 10:28 PM

What kind of bait's or lure's are you throwing ?????
Posted By: illest23

Re: Belton Lake - 05/22/13 03:29 PM

Kinda hard to explain but we go in through Blora and head past the fishing dock until you can't drive any further. We then walk about a mile while fishing the shoreline until you get to a small cove. You know you are there when you can see houses up on the hill.

Last week we parked on Belton Damn and walked down to the shoreline and walked along shoreline fishing. There were other guys down there who had a stringer full of fish(White/Hybrid/largemouth) who had got there early during the shad run.

Re: Belton Lake - 05/22/13 06:57 PM

Geez.....Go to Rodgers Park use a shad type lure and fish from the boat ramp back to the loading dock. Fish the rock rip rap. Fish all depths. My choice would be a rubber sassy shad on a jig head. You'll catch something for sure...might not be a record breaker but you'll get something to pull on your line. Good Luck!!
Posted By: Ifishtoo

Re: Belton Lake - 05/23/13 05:41 PM

Last night at Rogers the whites/hybrids were active all along the banks to the west of the dock before dark. Top water was best, or a rattle trap if you had a chrome one.
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Belton Lake - 05/23/13 06:30 PM

chrome and blue are the trap colors for belton thumb

Re: Belton Lake - 05/23/13 11:08 PM

I've always had luck there. Fire Tiger pattern is a good'un too!!
Posted By: ColoradoTransplant

Re: Belton Lake - 06/08/13 06:01 AM

At Belton Lake Dam last saturday around 0530, we were having luck for stripers and largemouth using blue and silver Thomas Cyclone spoons... Nothing impressive size wise, but the 3 of us pulled in 8 fish in less than two hours (all catch and release)

Tryin again bright and early tomorrow!
Posted By: Chuck7700

Re: Belton Lake - 06/08/13 04:08 PM

good luck

Re: Belton Lake - 06/09/13 05:06 AM

Thanks!

Unfortunately, we got a late start in the morning and didn't arrive at Belton Lake until 0545 and I think we missed the bite...

We ended up taking the opportunity to explore some new spots, tried out some of the coves near Rogers park, and my buddy caught one twelve inch Largemouth.

However, we observed two nice largemouth feeding near the shore, they both looked well over 5 lbs. I got one to hit my spoon, but missed when I went to set the hook.

Anyone got any updates on where the fishing is goin any better?

Re: Belton Lake - 06/12/13 09:02 PM

Today, I hit up the Leona Park area near the HWY36 bridge... It was around noon (after I got out of class for the day), and I caught one 12 inch Largemouth, and a pretty good sized Gasper Goo (both on my trusty thomas cyclone spoon)

Lol, it was the first time I had seen or heard of a Gasper Goo... And I was more than a little bit surprised when I saw something unfamiliar on the end of the line... definitely a decent fight considering I use light/ultra light action rods and 6lb test line

There were a couple boats coming into the ramp, and one group said they caught over 30 whites and stripers... so there is action out there!
Posted By: greenen

Re: Belton Lake - 06/14/13 01:34 AM

Tough lake for me in the summer. Good luck.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Belton Lake - 06/15/13 03:14 PM

Yesterday 6/14 fish scattered throughout water column and well off shore chasing bait early. No large schools. Had to throw it on their head to get bit. Tough!

Re: Belton Lake - 06/15/13 05:40 PM

T Bird --

You sure are right! I only got one yesterday (near Roger's Park)... and as you said, I literally hit it in the head to get a bite...
Posted By: greenen

Re: Belton Lake - 06/16/13 11:23 AM

You can cross over 190 to Stillhouse and do ring around the grass with 20 boats!

Re: Belton Lake - 06/20/13 12:29 AM

It's hump day, and I am gearin up for the weekend... Anyone got any updates?
Posted By: stratosman78

Re: Belton Lake - 06/20/13 03:54 AM

Try topwater early like a Sammy or white pop R, or a fluke/ double fluke rig and when the sun gets hot throw a shaky head or baby brush hogs in green pumpkin or watermelon red. Have had some luck throwing football jigs in the same colors also

Re: Belton Lake - 06/21/13 05:44 AM

This evening we got the porta-boat out in the Roger's Park area... caught three (2 largemouth and one striper) all on Yo-Zuri Aile Goby lures (http://yo-zuri.com/OnlineStore/Classic_Lures/Ultra_Lites/details/Aile_Goby.html)

[img]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...e=1&theater[/img]

Re: Belton Lake - 07/03/13 03:18 AM

Heading out to Belton tomorrow evening -- anyone have any updates?

Re: Belton Lake - 07/05/13 10:24 PM

Took me a couple extra days to finally make it out, but today we had pretty decent luck fishing at Lake Belton. We fished Roger's Park again, and caught 4 Hybrids (all about 12-14 inches), 2 largemouth (again real small), and 2 Bluegill...

We fished both the north and south shorelines, trolling with the same Yozuri lures, and Rebel brand crawdaddy crankbaits (variety of colors, but the fish preferred the natural colors and smallest size)

The fish were holding on the points of each of the coves, and seemed to be feeding pretty aggressively...Overall, it was a good time, but I am still in search of a real Texas sized DD fish laugh

Re: Belton Lake - 07/06/13 09:22 PM

Need to be at Rodgers Park right before daylight. Throw a Zara Spook. Walk it slowly. When the hybrids have the shad on the shore the bite is only going to last a short time. But in that short period of time you can nail a good'un. I haven't lied to you yet.

Re: Belton Lake - 07/10/13 04:35 AM

Yesterday (08 July) at dawn, hybrids and largemouth biting best again on Rebel Crawdaddies... caught four hybrids, two largemouth, 2 nice bluegill, and a Gasper Goo over the course of two hours

Fish were still holding on points, and near submerged timber

Bottomraker -- tomorrow I will give the ol' Spook a try and see how it goes (only problem is I only have mini-spooks in my tackle box right now)

Re: Belton Lake - 07/10/13 11:32 AM

Sounds like your on them!! Good luck...
Posted By: DrCrappie

Re: Belton Lake - 07/11/13 12:54 PM

They opened the dam gate about a foot! Water is running below the dam...going NOW to see what will bite!
Posted By: GoneHuntin

Re: Belton Lake - 07/13/13 12:41 AM

Any updates going to go chase some whites hybrids tomorrow morning before taking family out?
Posted By: GoneHuntin

Re: Belton Lake - 07/13/13 11:44 PM

Well i got a big goose egg this morning. I marked a lot of fish on the graph suspended at around 20 ft in about 30ft of water in front of temple lake park but only a single bite on a slab and one miss with downrigger. Will try it again next weekend.

Re: Belton Lake - 07/14/13 12:42 AM

We saw some folks come in with a cooler full of big ol hybrids last night, they said they were pullin em up from 25ft deep water using shrimp, fishing at temple lake park (12 July, @ about 0200)

Re: Belton Lake - 07/15/13 03:29 PM

Anyone been over there since it started raining?? I love fishing in the rain and was wondering if they're bitting
Posted By: dorkmen

Re: Belton Lake - 07/16/13 02:31 PM

Went to TLP yesterday but did not see much going on.

Re: Belton Lake - 07/17/13 02:41 AM

Tried to get out there tonight. Had a flat tire then I could not beat the rain.

Re: Belton Lake - 07/19/13 04:40 PM

She was a cruel mistress last night... one white bass for my buddy (seems to be that crawdaddy patterned crankbaits are not as hot as they were last week)

I myself nearly got skunked, if it weren't for the fish gods laughing as I reeled in my line for the last time right at the boat ramp, and a dang ol' baby-bluegill somehow ended up on my treble hook...

At least my "never been skunked while fishing in TX" streak can continue...

Re: Belton Lake - 07/20/13 04:38 AM

TLP was good tonight at dusk for the shad bite. We boated 5 hooked 4 and had a lot of hits. I was using a blue silver boomer spoon and my 6 y/o was using a timberdoodle. It was the fist fish we caught out of the boat. I wish I could post a pic. I would also like to thank Ken Saunders who towed me back to TLP after my motor stopped and the people in the basscat that helped me trailer the boat. I am proud to take my son fishing where he gets to see people help others.
Posted By: goose9921

Re: Belton Lake - 07/28/13 12:03 AM

going tip belton tomorrow morning around 6 any advice to get my daughter on some hybrids or whites? anything would help our be nice.. not looking for a honey hole just a general area..

Re: Belton Lake - 07/28/13 03:00 PM

Wish I woulda saw this before, I coulda warned you, usually when we go in the mornin, they are about done biting on belton @ 6am, you gotta get out in that last hour before sunrise over there, that is when it is always the most active for us!

Hope you had fun and caught some anyways!
Posted By: Cornbread82

Re: Belton Lake - 07/29/13 05:39 PM

+1 wish I would have seen it before, We were out saturday night, the bite was on around TLP between 8-1030pm, then just died for us. A boat about 200 yards away seemed to do well after that, i heard their jingle bells going off for the next 2 hours while we struck out!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum