Texas Fishing Forum

Any Choke Canyon Report

Posted By: Josh Ray

Any Choke Canyon Report - 07/03/18 09:39 PM

Looking to head there the 13th thru the 15th any reports. Other than hotter than hell.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Any Choke Canyon Report - 07/03/18 09:45 PM

It’s low. Don’t hit the concrete tower that’s right off the river channel towards the end of Calliham point.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Any Choke Canyon Report - 07/03/18 11:21 PM

Fishing very small. Some people must be catching them cuz the cleaning station is full of bass heads.
Posted By: Big Lunker

Re: Any Choke Canyon Report - 07/05/18 01:15 PM

Thought I would never say this.... CHOKE SUCKS!!! frown
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Any Choke Canyon Report - 07/06/18 02:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Big Lunker
depends on what your fishing for
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Any Choke Canyon Report - 07/06/18 12:46 PM

Originally Posted By: gar1970
Originally Posted By: Big Lunker
depends on what your fishing for

I know the lake has some hammer Crappie, I need to start chasing them. It is also loaded with catfish, but the channels are all pretty small, but you can catch a mess of 12 to 14 inch eaters.

Re: Any Choke Canyon Report - 07/06/18 02:27 PM

The last few times I went (which isn’t very often) I tried to find the gaspergoo. There’s no bass in there anymore, so I had to expand my species fishing.
Posted By: marty laurenz

Re: Any Choke Canyon Report - 07/07/18 10:17 PM

Was there a week ago and only caught 3 dinks
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Any Choke Canyon Report - 07/08/18 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By: marty laurenz

I used to be a hard corp bass fisherman back in the day, but I was a lot younger, and I wouldn't waste my time or gas going after bass on Choke if it fished back then like it does today.
Catfish, white bass, and Crappie is all it's good for these days, and even then they are seasonal at best.

Re: Any Choke Canyon Report - 07/08/18 10:22 PM

I bet there hasn’t been any 8lb bass caught out of Choke for a decade now, might as well shut down the parks and close her up. crying

Maybe someday, they will put some fish back in her.
Posted By: Wes H

Re: Any Choke Canyon Report - 07/09/18 12:03 AM

The sapd big bass winner was over 9lbs earlier this year with the hourly winners over 5lbs each hour I saw. It was fishing incredibly before and after that until more recently it has seemed to slow. Those big girls still live there though.

Our trip last week was fairly slow catching 7 with big bass at 2.5lb. We caught them at different depths from shallow to deep on several different baits so I'm no help with a pattern there, However, rock seemed to be a must.

The grass is coming back thick and matted in several areas. Not a whole lot of it is hydrilla though, and no where even close to a much as last summer. Unfortunately, It wasn't productive to fish either.

A lot of boats are starting to end up on a lot of the same spots now more than ever. At 26% full and a lot of that being tricky to access at best, it's just fishing really small.

Re: Any Choke Canyon Report - 07/09/18 03:36 AM

The post above is full of BS, don’t listen to his lies. The lake sucks, go to Falcon or anyplace else.
Posted By: Big Lunker

Re: Any Choke Canyon Report - 07/09/18 10:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Jimbo
Originally Posted By: marty laurenz

I used to be a hard corp bass fisherman back in the day, but I was a lot younger, and I wouldn't waste my time or gas going after bass on Choke if it fished back then like it does today.
Catfish, white bass, and Crappie is all it's good for these days, and even then they are seasonal at best.
So are you suggesting Jimbo were a couple of old farts. LOL cheers
Posted By: Wes H

Re: Any Choke Canyon Report - 07/09/18 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: grout-scout
The post above is full of BS, don’t listen to his lies. The lake sucks, go to Falcon or anyplace else.

huh

Re: Any Choke Canyon Report - 07/10/18 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Wes H

huh

Lol, yes. No fish in Choke, it’s the Dead Sea I tell ya. Falcon is the place to be. fish
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Any Choke Canyon Report - 07/12/18 10:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Wes H

huh

Lol, yes. No fish in Choke, it’s the Dead Sea I tell ya. Falcon is the place to be. fish

Even back in the 80's when I was still fishing bass tournaments, and Choke was fishing better than today, most everyone in our club used to say,..."when you get to Choke just keep going south until you get to Falcon,"...which the facts speak for themselves.
http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/11577159/9/Lake_falcon_guide_service_repo
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum