Texas Fishing Forum

Looks like Golden Alge has hit Lake Granbury

Posted By: Gunrunner

Looks like Golden Alge has hit Lake Granbury - 03/15/18 06:43 PM

Seeing a lot of dead larger bass, crappie and shad washing upon the boat ramp guess it's hitting early this year due to the warm winter/spring.
Posted By: Kyle_N07

Re: Looks like Golden Alge has hit Lake Granbury - 03/16/18 02:16 PM

What part of lake are you seeing this?
Posted By: G-Money Monster

Re: Looks like Golden Alge has hit Lake Granbury - 03/16/18 10:29 PM

I was out there all day today. Saw a small amount of dead shad and some dead blue gill and drum. Not many at all. We caught some bass. All is good. No golden algae in my opinion
Posted By: Kyle_N07

Re: Looks like Golden Alge has hit Lake Granbury - 03/17/18 01:38 AM

We went out today from 430 to 7pm and caught 13 from with a couple good ones over 4lbs. I think something is going on around my place, (around the old outlet cove). Not wide spread that I can tell...
Posted By: sliding by

Re: Looks like Golden Alge has hit Lake Granbury - 03/17/18 03:07 AM

There is something going on around by place. I usually have around 50 or so carp and catfish that feed and there were none today. No minnows or shad in the light tonight. Water around the dock has a yellow tint to it. I am across from the power plant.
Posted By: Gunrunner

Re: Looks like Golden Alge has hit Lake Granbury - 03/17/18 03:33 PM

I am across the river from the power plant. Several larger bass, drum, shad and crappie dead around dock more floating in today.
Posted By: sliding by

Re: Looks like Golden Alge has hit Lake Granbury - 03/17/18 05:08 PM

No live fish around the dock again today. There is a large dead gar and a gizzard floating by right now. Large number of pelicans this morning.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum