Texas Fishing Forum

fayette 1/9/18

Posted By: fishytx

fayette 1/9/18 - 01/13/18 12:43 AM

So I get on the lake around noon, very calm water, slick matter of fact. There were a lot of boats on the lake, everyone was taking advantage of the calm water and they were fishing off shore in 14 to 20 feet of water. I watched several anglers haul in a few small fish. Any how, I went back into the timber fishing shallow looking for a top water bite, zero. So I hit a few go to spots in 14 to 18 feet with a T/R plastic and managed to pull out 14 bass in four and half hours. Only six bass were worth talking about, the others were dinks. But it was a beautiful day to be out and about, so took advantage of it. Very slow day but fun day over all. Strange that the water was a tad bit warmer than my last trip by a few degrees, but it was. Think it was reading 65 to 68 degrees.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: fayette 1/9/18 - 01/13/18 01:01 AM

This is a report for fishing last Tuesday?
Posted By: Bazzectomy

Re: fayette 1/9/18 - 01/13/18 03:55 AM

Fishytx... Thanks for the report!
By the way, this is Bassectomy from ABF. Although I had to change it to BaZZectomy on TFF because it was already in use.

Later buddy...

Re: fayette 1/9/18 - 01/13/18 03:36 PM

Three days late is not an issue here, it's to help out those who are going this weekend. I hope it gives them an idea of where the chew is, out in 14 to 18 FOW. It's not about when you post, it's what you post to help out others who chose to go there. That's why I post my reports anyway. A lot of anglers no loner post their trips at all. Me, I post my results to help others, rather it be a good fishing report or a bad report, it still gives others a little insight on what is going on and a place to start or at least look at. Take it or leave it, makes no difference to me, I am just sharing my experience on where the better fish were at while I was out there.

Re: fayette 1/9/18 - 01/13/18 04:54 PM

Bazzectomy,I just left ABF and removed all the information on me that I could. That forum has taken a huge turn for the worse. No one monitors what is being posted and it has turned into a joke. But change is all around us and it was time to move on for me. Seems like all fishing forums are becoming a thing of the past, everyone is going on their own way and making a FB page about fishing.
Posted By: Oilpig

Re: fayette 1/9/18 - 01/18/18 12:10 PM

fishytx, I always appreciate your posts. Thanks for sharing what you see when you're out so those of us who get out once in a blue moon have a fighting chance.
Posted By: Green Fish

Re: fayette 1/9/18 - 01/18/18 07:04 PM

Thanks for the report. There should be between 100 to 130 kayaks fishing the first KATS tournament of the year on Fayette on 20 January...so if you plan to fish Fayette this Saturday, you may want to take this into consideration.
Posted By: Ricktofish

Re: fayette 1/9/18 - 01/19/18 02:00 AM

Fishytx I always enjoy your Fayette reports. I don't care if they are the next day or two weeks later. Sometimes I sign onto TFF just to see if you've posted. Keep up the good work!

Re: fayette 1/9/18 - 01/19/18 03:44 AM

Thanks guys, I appreciate the positive feedback. I’m not going anywhere, heck I have been posting fishing reports on the internet before fishing forums were ever developed. Any time you write something and share it on social media there is a very good chance that someone will disagree with you about something, that’s just the nature of social media. Just smile and move forward is the best thing to do. Sometimes people don’t really mean what they say at the time either; they’re just having a bad day and venting a little. Heck we all do this from time to time, it’s normal.

Re: fayette 1/9/18 - 01/23/18 04:05 AM

Wow, I've read a few reports here and there, also spoke to a guide and everything is leading up to the same ole story, fish are hard to find. The 14 I caught solo last Tuesday was a pretty good day from what I've read from others. Any how I'm taking a older guy out with me tomorrow and I hope I can put us on a few fish. Plan to arrive a little sooner than I normally do and this will give me a little more time to search for some fish, so crossing my fingers that I can get on a decent chew with a few good quality fish. Try to get my report on here no later than Wednesday. Tight Lines, fishytx...
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: fayette 1/9/18 - 01/23/18 12:03 PM

I love this forum, and get alot of very useful information. Keep posting your fishing reports.
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: fayette 1/9/18 - 01/23/18 09:54 PM

I appreciate the reports and have a friend who is begging me to go with him out there soon that I took out on a great trip close to home here recently. And I tell you there are TONS that dont report a thing, but read, re-read, then re-read ANY posts on Fayette.

Even ones who fish there every week almost with their brother, probably fishing in a wrapped boat by now too, that has not posted a report EVER on that lake. But looks for any/all info but too selfish to post a report. Guess some think they will let a cat out of the bag on a non keeper lake that is hardly a secret.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: fayette 1/9/18 - 01/23/18 11:11 PM

No secrets on Fayette, I'll be headed up there this weekend, looks like cold & rain on Saturday. I will post my results.
Posted By: HtownBB

Re: fayette 1/9/18 - 01/24/18 12:15 AM

Is there any areas to avoid on Fayette? Never been and don't want to lose a prop.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: fayette 1/9/18 - 01/24/18 05:50 PM

There is some timber marked off by Buoys, right outside of oak thicket park. Other then that the lake is fairly wide open.

Re: fayette 1/9/18 - 01/24/18 06:29 PM

There are several areas marked with hazard buoys and also swing out wide around primary points because it is shallow a good ways out on almost every one of them. Most of the trees in these marked off areas have broken off just under the water surface, so be sure to enter these areas slow and use caution. The tree tops under the water are big and it will take out a prop, lower unit and I’ve seen it also rip a gash in several boat hulls. But these folks did not pay any attention to the warning signs and were going way to fast through those areas. There are other areas that are not marked and I think there should be something there to warn boaters about shallow water.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: fayette 1/9/18 - 01/25/18 01:47 AM

Watch out for points. They are usually shallow. There are several areas that are marked by buoys where groups of tree stumps are.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum