Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma Area Pond Suggestions

Posted By: Banker Fisherman

Texoma Area Pond Suggestions - 10/18/16 01:47 PM

Hello to all you anglers out there,

I live in the Sherman area and have fished some of the public ponds in the area like Herman Baker and Pecan Grove. Both are nice ponds with some good fish. Herman Baker is close to my house and I like the different features of the pond that allow for different places that bass can be found in.

I was looking for some suggestions of good ponds to fish at in the Texoma area. I like public ponds, but if you have a private pond and need a fising budy, I would feel privaledged to come fish with you.

I am new to the forum, but already feel welcomed with all the great responses and other anglers that have reached out to me. Thank you again to all and I look forward to your suggestions.
Posted By: onfirecrappie

Re: Texoma Area Pond Suggestions - 01/24/17 01:45 AM

You can fish Waterloo lake in Denison. You can even fish for trout now.
Posted By: onfirecrappie

Re: Texoma Area Pond Suggestions - 01/24/17 01:47 AM

The refuge is also a great place to fish. It just has some laws specific to it so know those.
Posted By: Banker Fisherman

Re: Texoma Area Pond Suggestions - 01/24/17 04:22 PM

Hey there onfirecrappie, I appreciate the replies and shooting me a PM. I have checked out Waterloo and it is definitely a nice pond to fish. I will have to check out the refuge and some of the ponds that you mentioned in your pm.
Posted By: rednecksims

Re: Texoma Area Pond Suggestions - 04/25/17 12:02 AM

How is Pecan Grove. In town visitin family down the road. Any advise on bass?
Posted By: bassfinder78155

Re: Texoma Area Pond Suggestions - 05/18/17 04:38 AM

Pecan Grove is great has good quality bass and there are some big crappie there if you can find them. My grandson pulled a dozen 2lb crappie on saturday within 2 hours in the morning. White chatterbait with white fluke for bass. Anything white or chartreuse.
Posted By: bassfinder78155

Re: Texoma Area Pond Suggestions - 05/18/17 04:41 AM

Bank Fisherman there is randall lake going toward texoma
Posted By: deewayne2003

Re: Texoma Area Pond Suggestions - 08/16/17 01:42 PM

Originally Posted By: onfirecrappie
The refuge is also a great place to fish. It just has some laws specific to it so know those.

This is good information..... I used to compete in the Hagerman kids fishing tournament and they even gave out trophies; since you mentioned grand kids you should check out this tournament if they still have it. Its a lot of fun and if they still do it like they did 20+ years ago, they have a designated large pond that is off limits to public fishing until AFTER the kids tournament.

When it comes to fishing Hagerman though the best advice I can give you is to actually get out a map - and familiarize your self with the boundaries of the refuge and different bodies of water on it..... THEN call up the refuge office and see if you can talk to any of the staff or game wardens that work the areas; mention that your looking for places to take your grand kids fishing and ask for their suggestions and to clarify any rules you need to follow.

Most of the refuge staff(although not all) will really try to point you in the right direction.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum