Texas Fishing Forum

Looking for Private Fishing Club Membership in Houston

Posted By: TexasBlueDevil

Looking for Private Fishing Club Membership in Houston - 04/14/16 11:38 PM

I'm looking to buy a membership into a fishing club in the Houston area. I live in Sugar Land, so I'd prefer something south or southwest of Houston.

I'm looking mainly for a place to take my son fishing. He had some health issues when he was younger, so he was never able to participant in traditional team sports. However he loves to fish and hunt also.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks for the help!!
Posted By: Fishbreeder

Re: Looking for Private Fishing Club Membership in Houston - 04/15/16 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: TexasBlueDevil
I'm looking to buy a membership into a fishing club in the Houston area. I live in Sugar Land, so I'd prefer something south or southwest of Houston.

I'm looking mainly for a place to take my son fishing. He had some health issues when he was younger, so he was never able to participant in traditional team sports. However he loves to fish and hunt also.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks for the help!!

PM sent about the place I got.

And, Salex has a few lakes around here I think, he might chime in.
Posted By: CheeseheadInTX

Re: Looking for Private Fishing Club Membership in Houston - 04/17/16 01:43 PM

I am also interested in this. Feel free to PM me as well.
Posted By: salex

Re: Looking for Private Fishing Club Membership in Houston - 04/18/16 09:43 PM

Check out

Private Water Fishing
Posted By: TexasBlueDevil

Re: Looking for Private Fishing Club Membership in Houston - 04/20/16 02:43 AM

Hi Brett,

I sent you an email and PM.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!!!

Brad
Posted By: The Tacklesmith

Re: Looking for Private Fishing Club Membership in Houston - 05/01/16 06:38 PM

I would also be interested in Houston area

I would also be interested in putting a group together for group discounts.
Posted By: Chucked

Re: Looking for Private Fishing Club Membership in Houston - 05/25/16 04:27 PM

I'd be interested as well. Trying to find something close to Houston that isn't over fished is starting to seem impossible.
Posted By: Fishin" A Jig

Re: Looking for Private Fishing Club Membership in Houston - 06/01/16 07:51 PM

Ditto here ... mainly interested in crappies and bass

Re: Looking for Private Fishing Club Membership in Houston - 06/02/16 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Chucked
I'd be interested as well. Trying to find something close to Houston that isn't over fished is starting to seem impossible.

Yall lookin' for a place to fish around Houston need to send me a PM and check out Steve's (Salex) deal above. Now we ain't talkin' cheaper'n dirt, but are talkin' good value for time and money invested with me, and I only hear positive things about Steve's deal. Just to be fair there are some others in my area....I'm not going to the trouble for links, yall look up what you want but...

Beiri Farms in Angelton, Seven Lakes in Damon, Quantum Lakes and Artesian Lakes up by Cleveland, among many others.

Brett
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Looking for Private Fishing Club Membership in Houston - 06/02/16 03:05 PM

Brett, what became of LOD after Jim couldn't make a go of it?

Guys looking for bass fishing around Houston...You can't go wrong with Brett or Steve. You're not going to find anything else that can compare to their set ups down here.

Re: Looking for Private Fishing Club Membership in Houston - 06/02/16 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
Brett, what became of LOD after Jim couldn't make a go of it?

Guys looking for bass fishing around Houston...You can't go wrong with Brett or Steve. You're not going to find anything else that can compare to their set ups down here.

Jim came out in good shape. He's a good fella. But LOD got to be more than he could take care of. With all the crazy issues around being in business and not being a spring chicken...O'bumblercare among them. He sold the place then took a job (with benefits) as manager of it. Kinda like having your cake and eating it. But it belongs to a family and is no longer a commercial operation.

Kinda sad for me, There was no LOD until I came to Danbury and built it (with a lot of help) on the Zwahr farm. Mike Wood and I. Every old time bass fisherman you can think of stopped by, Jerry Dean (I used to write articles for him), Kieth Warren, Jimmy Houston, you name it. For a time it was one very cool place.

I'm right downstream on Austin Bayou now at what is known as the "LeCompte" place. Four lakes and several hundred acres of duck ponds. Nice place to fish, hunt, take pictures, go for hikes, ride your buggy, whatever makes you happy in the great outdoors. Less than an hour from Houston.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Looking for Private Fishing Club Membership in Houston - 06/02/16 04:46 PM

Thanks, Brett. I would hate to think that the facility you built was just sitting there wasting. Glad to hear that it's still being managed.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum