Texas Fishing Forum

Humminbird Helix 10 or 12 map cards

Posted By: RandyK

Humminbird Helix 10 or 12 map cards - 11/02/17 06:11 PM

Which Lakemaster card or cards would I need? I want the best map card for lake details, but also want to use the self-mapping feature. Do I need 2 cards: Lakemaster plus AND the Lakemaster Autochart Pro, or just the Autochart Pro?

thanks
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Humminbird Helix 10 or 12 map cards - 11/02/17 06:48 PM

Depends on how much self mapping you want to do. The unit itself with save a small amount of autochart info, but if you want to do a lot then you would need a card just for charting and a separate card for lake details.

Edit: I believe this is what I was told a year ago, but that was a year ago.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Humminbird Helix 10 or 12 map cards - 11/02/17 07:10 PM

The Helix units have Auto Chart Live with up to 8 hours of contour mapping internal memory. OR you can write those files directly to a Zero Line card.

Auto Chart and Auto Chart Pro are computer softwares that create contour map from recordings or and will convert Auto Chart Live data to Auto Chart.

Live is a different format and can only be read from the unit's memory or what has been transferred to a Zero Line card. Those maps are overlayed on whatever map card you have added or the base map.

You can have Auto Chart Live maps and Auto Chart maps on the same Zero Line card.

All the versions of Lakemaster are different and are on a Lakemaster map card.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Humminbird Helix 10 or 12 map cards - 11/02/17 07:19 PM

I would get a lakemaster and navionics if you are considering 2 cards. Each one seems to detail one lake better than the other.
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Humminbird Helix 10 or 12 map cards - 11/02/17 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By: 44 Diesel
I would get a lakemaster and navionics if you are considering 2 cards. Each one seems to detail one lake better than the other.

As diesel stated above, both are great tools that have their own advantages especially since you are running Humminbird units. So if you are in a situation and looking to get 2 cards I would strongly recommend running each.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum