Texas Fishing Forum

My first boat

Posted By: lucky55

My first boat - 11/01/17 01:41 AM

After lots of research and information found here on this forum I finally found a boat that was everything I wanted, plus some! Texas Boat World gave me a deal I couldn't refuse, awesome services there! Only been out once so far other than test runs, but I love it! Cant wait to go out this weekend.

Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: My first boat - 11/01/17 01:44 AM

wopics
Posted By: jbobo

Re: My first boat - 11/01/17 01:45 AM

Welcome to the wonderful world of boat ownership. Most days you will love it. Some days not so much.
Also welcome to the forum.

Re: My first boat - 11/01/17 01:49 AM

sorry I fixed the pic

Re: My first boat - 11/01/17 01:51 AM

thank you. I'm already changing a couple things and learning a lot along the way.
Posted By: texasangler07

Re: My first boat - 11/01/17 01:52 AM

Congrats! Texas Boat World definitely knows how to treat their customers, I drive a long ways to deal with them.
Posted By: PhotonSlinger

Re: My first boat - 11/01/17 01:53 AM

Awesome boat! EXACTLY what i want, congrats
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: My first boat - 11/01/17 01:54 AM

Skeeters Rock!

Congrats.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: My first boat - 11/01/17 02:14 AM

That's a heck of a first boat! Nice

Re: My first boat - 11/01/17 02:35 AM

Originally Posted By: the skipper
That's a heck of a first boat! Nice

I agree, thank you. I can thank my wife for that, she was very supportive of me getting one and pushed towards getting one that I would not have to upgrade in a few years. Everything else I looked at would have ended up being temporary until I could upgrade later, plus I just fell in love with this one. Going to take some getting used to, it is crazy fast. Holeshot is almost faster then I can trim up grin makes you want to just keep driving past your spot at first, its fun as hell to drive!
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: My first boat - 11/01/17 03:26 AM

You're lucky beyond 55. Enjoy that boat!
Posted By: klo

Re: My first boat - 11/01/17 03:35 AM

Congrats!
Posted By: bossman

Re: My first boat - 11/01/17 03:39 AM

the two happiest days of your boat owning life.....the day you buy it, and the day you sell it.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: My first boat - 11/01/17 04:11 AM

Nice boat. thumb
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: My first boat - 11/01/17 04:30 AM

Originally Posted By: bossman
the two happiest days of your boat owning life.....the day you buy it, and the day you sell it.

if that's the case you ain't doing something right
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: My first boat - 11/01/17 10:48 AM

Originally Posted By: lucky55

After lots of research and information found here on this forum I finally found a boat that was everything I wanted, plus some! Texas Boat World gave me a deal I couldn't refuse, awesome services there! Only been out once so far other than test runs, but I love it! Cant wait to go out this weekend.

Beautiful boat, love the colors too. Gonna be hard getting it out in rainy weather though, awful getting a nice boat like that dirty the first time.
welcome to the forum.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: My first boat - 11/01/17 11:14 AM

Super nice boat
Posted By: danceswithbass

Re: My first boat - 11/01/17 11:35 AM

Heckuva a start on boat ownership, nice! You won't outgrow that for awhile I would think...hang on to that wife too, lots of time it works the other way on trying to talk you into waiting or going cheaper.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: My first boat - 11/01/17 11:47 AM

Sweet rig
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: My first boat - 11/01/17 11:52 AM

Very nice!
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: My first boat - 11/01/17 12:42 PM

Nice bug! welcome to the Forum.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: My first boat - 11/01/17 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: bossman

I'll agree to a point. The happiest day is selling your old boat the day after you buy the new one. To avoid a "gap" in boat ownership.
Posted By: Matt1212

Re: My first boat - 11/01/17 02:41 PM

Really, Really nice first boat(or any boat). congrats
Posted By: Reel Addict

Re: My first boat - 11/01/17 03:09 PM

Nice Bug...
Posted By: T Bird

Re: My first boat - 11/01/17 04:14 PM

Good job. Cliff and his entire staff are good folks.

Re: My first boat - 11/01/17 09:29 PM

Thanks everyone!

I ended up at TBW because every other dealership in my area I had been to made me feel uncomfortable in some form quickly. I wont name the places because it may have been just my opinion on some of it. Different type of treatment at each place though, big and small businesses -
one place I wandered for about 45 minutes, looked at everything they had, saw two employees walk by looking at me, nobody ever even talked to me.
few other places had very pushy sales staff that just knew in the first minute they talked to me that "this boat right back here is the one you have to get", lol! never asked me what I was wanting how the hell you know that's the boat for me?
One guy looked me dead in the face and swore to me that a brand new 17' aluminum boat would be just as fast, comfortable, smooth riding, as any big fiberglass boat I have ever been in. I asked how stable on rough lake, high winds, tournament traffic etc? He said ooh no problem you wont even notice the wakes. Ya he was trying way to hard to push that last new 17 model, at all cost even lying! I left quickly.
So I went to TBW to look at a different boat that I had been watching on trader for a while. That's when I met Wes. He took the time to ask everything I could think of to choose a boat, then he taught me a couple extra things I needed to know to choose one that I didn't think of. Then he showed me every boat even remotely close to what I wanted, answered all my questions on each one, and I could tell the answers were honest even when they weren't what I wanted to hear. So what I wanted vs what my budget was leading me towards were not quite matching up. I kept looking back at this one that I had already looked at a thousand times on the trader site. I eliminated this boat from my possible list due to the price, well he saw me looking at it again and then told me the price, holly sh*t he gave me a better price then was listed online! I didn't even ask for a discount or deal he automatically put his best deal forward and it was a hell of a deal. Sold grin
Picked it up on Fri, test drive I wasn't sure about a sticky spot in the steering rotation, called them and went right back, they went thru entire steering system immediately, got it back next morning all perfect!

I don't even know the right word for that kind of service, they really were a above and beyond type of attitude compared to all their competition I have met so far. Thanks again, Texas Boat World Rocks! banana
Posted By: Reds Bass Guide on Sandlin

Re: My first boat - 11/01/17 09:30 PM

Sweet !! The waters cold now. Get a Mustad or like vest and keep it on. Run with your cord attached. Don't worry if your slow at the ramp we were all there at some point. Ask for help if you need it. Attitude is everything when murphy decides to ride with you for the day.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: My first boat - 11/01/17 10:25 PM

Nice rig!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum