Texas Fishing Forum

Paid in full

Posted By: ChuChu1

Paid in full - 10/31/17 11:41 PM

Do you carry full coverage insurance on your paid off boat?
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Paid in full - 10/31/17 11:50 PM

The boat policy is full coverage,includes trolling motor, graphs etc,,,, and the accessories/extras are covered under home insurance. Boat paid off.
Posted By: MV

Re: Paid in full - 10/31/17 11:56 PM

yes
Posted By: Skeeter443

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 12:23 AM

Yes
Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 12:38 AM

Yes.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 12:52 AM

Yes.
Posted By: jlp1

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 12:53 AM

Yes
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 12:56 AM

Yeppers
Posted By: IIIMag

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 01:31 AM

Yessir.
Posted By: tejasbass

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 01:35 AM

Yes
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 01:56 AM

I do not, but if I fished tournaments I would.
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 02:39 AM

Yep, even if it’s a cheaper boat it’s still worth it.

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 02:48 AM

Not always worth it, if your boat has ever had any kind of repair work done to the hull they will usually deny any future claims. But if it’s in mint condition, might want to have agreed value insurance.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 02:53 AM

replacement/agreed value full coverage.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 03:25 AM

I majjun!
Posted By: Walls

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 04:46 AM

100%. Too cheap yearly to go without, all things considered.
Posted By: RngrMac

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 09:50 AM

Yes
Posted By: dimitri

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 10:08 AM

yes because even a paid for 5k boat will probably have that much tackle and electronics attached to it. my general rule of thumb is most but not all folks in a 5k boat probably don’t have the money in the bank to replace their boat if it was totaled. same with vehicles. i know back when all i could afford was a $2500 car i sure didn’t have $2500 in the bank to replace it if i wrecked and totaled it out. i know boats are not a necessity item like a vehicle but i look at their replacement similarly. may not be the case for everyone though. insurance is peace of mind if nothing else.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By: SkeeterRonnie
replacement/agreed value full coverage.

Keeps my mind at peace for little cost. I even have an added $10,000 policy on the contents, you can come and steal my tackle while I'm at the hotel room and I'll be happy!
Posted By: JoeFriday

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 12:40 PM

I believe if you were to sink, it could be declared potentially a hazardous material spill and TPWD could come after you for cleanup. Check the rules and regulations. If so, that is likely more than it would be to replace the property.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 12:49 PM

Absolutely!
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 01:04 PM

Heck yes, too many things can go wronf with a boat
Posted By: CBoone

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 02:20 PM

Yes
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 02:27 PM

Agreed value policy with all contents covered.
Posted By: KingwoodCat

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 02:29 PM

No real reason not to. Several years ago my 17 year old Ranger Basmaster Classic was destroyed in a boat shed fire. 11 Boats destroyed, two were insured. Mine was one of the two that were fully covered. I bet the guy in the stall next to me who had a new, paid off Champion, wished he had kept insurance on his.
I was able to replace my boat with my insurance money. At the time had I not had the insurance, I would have been boatless for awhile.
Posted By: ChuChu1

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By: JIM SR.
The boat policy is full coverage,includes trolling motor, graphs etc,,,, and the accessories/extras are covered under home insurance. Boat paid off.

I have been researching a change in companies for all my insurance, and the homeowners will cover rods, reels, etc, but the homeowners deductible has to be met. I my case, with the current insurance, that would be $1500.
I'm looking at BoatUS right now, and it would be the same price as current, but adds rods and reel, tow service, and trailer breakdown.
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 04:15 PM

pollo yes peep
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 04:40 PM

I have full coverage on everything I own with Allstate.

....needed them this morning in fact, sons car was broken into. The "trick or treaters" couldn't live without his Alpine...I guess.
Posted By: Classic Fiberglass

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By: grout-scout
Not always worth it, if your boat has ever had any kind of repair work done to the hull they will usually deny any future claims. But if it’s in mint condition, might want to have agreed value insurance.

I have never heard of that. I have had many customer with multiple claims on the same hull.

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Classic Fiberglass

I have never heard of that. I have had many customer with multiple claims on the same hull.

Been several guys on a Champion Page in another forum that have been denied when their hulls split and the insurance adjuster came with a “previous fixed hull” denial. One guy bought a used 210 and the hull split lengthwise a few months after he bought it and he was denied on his claim. He had to scrap the hull since they would not cover it. 2 or them had the same issue and 1 had a denial on his transom.
Posted By: dimitri

Re: Paid in full - 11/01/17 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Classic Fiberglass

Been several guys on a Champion Page in another forum that have been denied when their hulls split and the insurance adjuster came with a “previous fixed hull” denial. One guy bought a used 210 and the hull split lengthwise a few months after he bought it and he was denied on his claim. He had to scrap the hull since they would not cover it. 2 or them had the same issue and 1 had a denial on his transom.

probably denied because there was no new sign of impact . only trannsoms ive ever heard covered were mfg defects.
Posted By: Jumpin J

Re: Paid in full - 11/02/17 03:23 AM

I'm not sure what having it paid off, or not, has to do with insuring it. I would think the value of boat, motor, and contents, would make it a must, too much can happen, on the water or the road.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum