Texas Fishing Forum

Halfway from Midland to Houston

Posted By: pres

Halfway from Midland to Houston - 10/31/17 09:30 PM

Looking to take the new brother-in-law fishing in an upcoming weekend. He lives in Midland and I live in Houston... Looking to meet at a semi-halfway lake in between. Any recommendations? I thought about LBJ but may need something closer to him. I'm searching on Google Maps but wanted to know y'alls input. Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Posted By: buda13

Re: Halfway from Midland to Houston - 10/31/17 09:31 PM

Squaw Creek in Glen Rose? That's 284m from Houston and 276m from Midland. Don't forget to make a reservation.
Posted By: pres

Re: Halfway from Midland to Houston - 10/31/17 09:38 PM

Thanks! Didn't think about SW of DFW. That's actually a great halfway point. Never been before but I know it's talked a lot about on here.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Halfway from Midland to Houston - 10/31/17 09:45 PM

Its a fun lake, yall will enjoy it! Heres the link with all the rules, info, and registration.

https://www.luminant.com/squaw-creek-park/
Posted By: Joe Todd

Re: Halfway from Midland to Houston - 10/31/17 10:28 PM

Possum Kingom. No reservations needed and plenty of places to stay.
Posted By: tejasbass

Re: Halfway from Midland to Houston - 11/01/17 01:16 AM

I can't resist, "Tween here and Midland." If you get it, you're old. And you probably know someone from west Texas.
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: Halfway from Midland to Houston - 11/01/17 02:28 AM

Ivie may not be half way but would be my choice. Half way is most probably Buchanan, worse places to fish.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Halfway from Midland to Houston - 11/01/17 05:46 PM

LBJ fish
Posted By: texasangler07

Re: Halfway from Midland to Houston - 11/01/17 05:58 PM

I'd say LBJ as well. It's a little farther for him but he isn't going to be dealing with Houston traffic or Austin traffic. He might beat you there if departure times were the same.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Halfway from Midland to Houston - 11/01/17 11:50 PM

Right now, one of the best fishing lakes in Texas is PK!
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Halfway from Midland to Houston - 11/02/17 12:31 AM

Pk has gotten a little tougher with these fronts moving thru. fish
Posted By: bigfish76

Re: Halfway from Midland to Houston - 11/02/17 12:37 AM

Stillhouse for good largemouth and then jump across the highway to belton for smallies
Posted By: RudiTexas

Re: Halfway from Midland to Houston - 11/02/17 04:03 AM

I thought the front kinds helped my bite last weekend.. heading out this weekend so hoping with it being so cold so fast and then heating back up fish will get up shallow and I can catch some serious top water fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum