Texas Fishing Forum

New boat warranty...?

Posted By: i-Fish

New boat warranty...? - 10/29/17 11:43 PM

If the approving lender calls me with warranty coverage options is it them offering the extended Mercury warranty or is it in extedned third party warranty?

In comparison they seem to cover the same things but I wanted to be clear on what I’m looking at. Thanks.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: New boat warranty...? - 10/30/17 12:16 AM

It is not a factory warranty.
Posted By: RedEar12

Re: New boat warranty...? - 10/30/17 12:27 AM

Is the motor new or used? Was it sold by a participating Mercury dealer?

Re: New boat warranty...? - 10/30/17 12:39 AM

Originally Posted By: RedEar12
Is the motor new or used? Was it sold by a participating Mercury dealer?

Brand new and, yes, BPS.

Re: New boat warranty...? - 10/30/17 12:43 AM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
It is not a factory warranty.

So then I can purchase the extended Mercury warranty directly from Mercury...do you happen to know when the deadline to extend the warranty is? I’m callinf Mercury tomorrow but if you know the answer then by all means.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: New boat warranty...? - 10/30/17 12:49 AM

Oh.....sorry.....I didn't know it was new.

Might be a factory extended warranty. I'd check into it at least. Extra warranty on a ProXS is never a bad idea. I know my best friend bought a Z18 w/175 ProXS....it's been recalled twice already and has lived in the shop.
Posted By: RedEar12

Re: New boat warranty...? - 10/30/17 12:58 AM

Get a price from BP on extended protection, then take it to your lender. I would stick with OEM warranty as their are more dealers that honor it.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: New boat warranty...? - 10/30/17 03:40 PM

I always have my dealer hold those motor papers until the next promotion on Extended warranty comes along. That is about every other month or so. I guess though dealing with the bank paper work you do not have that option.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: New boat warranty...? - 10/30/17 04:24 PM

U can purchase extended manufacturer warranty from any dealer on a motor within its 3 year factory warranty period. U may get a better price if you get quotes from other dealers.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum