Texas Fishing Forum

Triton Owners

Posted By: Atta

Triton Owners - 10/23/17 10:21 AM

Many of you know about Steve’s Prop Shop @ Lake Fork already but if you don’t then here ya go!!

Fastest I’ve been in my 04 Triton TR22 w/25 Opti - 62.7
Fastest during break in (new powerhead @ 5400 RPMs) - 66.4

If your looking for a new prop you need to call Steve’s. Josh worked my prop and I live in Florida. Not only is it faster but it handles great, the hold shot isn’t bad, and obviously the top end is better. I’m sure the motor will loosen up and I may get another mph or 2 out of it. Now to tweak my jack plate to see if I can gain.

The jp I have is a 6” manual and it “hops” a little at lower rpms. I blame it on a heavy boat (it doesn’t bother me) but I was wondering if y’all donit also?? May buy a 10-12” manual jp to try and get the boat up a little more. May also help with hole shot, top end, and “the hops”
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: Triton Owners - 10/25/17 04:18 AM

The difference saw in prop work will work in conjunction with improvement in handling, top speed when you put it to use with a 10" plate from Steve. Get that worked Prop into clean water to let it REALLY show you what you'll be gaining!!!! Also make sure to get the bottom holeshot plate for that jackplate!!!! Then give us another update. You're gonna be double impressed!!! They won't steer you wrong & stand behind their plates & work 110%. Don't forget to give us the feedback with your opinions & results.
Posted By: T-racer @ Mallard Marine

Re: Triton Owners - 10/25/17 01:55 PM

I was really impressed with the setup work that Josh and Steve helped Curt with on his Triton. It "only" has a 200 on the back but with all the correct setup work put into it, that boat flat flies.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum