Texas Fishing Forum

Motor support question

Posted By: Mike Keenan

Motor support question - 10/20/17 01:47 AM

What are the motor supports / transom savers / motor totor that everyone is using? Who makes them TH Marine or who? I think it slides over the trim rams
Posted By: Trcsx180

Re: Motor support question - 10/20/17 01:50 AM

i bought mine from cabelas Motor Holder™ Trailering Stabilizer 50 bucks
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Motor support question - 10/20/17 02:07 AM

Motormate

https://motormateusa.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjw...7RoCXj4QAvD_BwE
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Motor support question - 10/20/17 02:09 AM

My new Skeeter came with a pro rule. Haven't found a reason to change

https://www.prorule.com
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Motor support question - 10/20/17 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By: K.D.
My new Skeeter came with a pro rule. Haven't found a reason to change

https://www.prorule.com

That’s it thanks... I needed a Christmas gift idea for a buddy’s wife to get him.
Posted By: Chet

Re: Motor support question - 10/20/17 03:07 AM

Motormate
Posted By: R.J.E.

Re: Motor support question - 10/20/17 03:09 PM

I brought this up about three weeks ago and I decided to go back to the original transom saver that gives you support from the trailer, let's face it if your using the ones that support from the trim rod's you might as well use the ones that come with the motor. The weight is still on the transom.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Motor support question - 10/20/17 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: R.J.E.
I brought this up about three weeks ago and I decided to go back to the original transom saver that gives you support from the trailer, let's face it if your using the ones that support from the trim rod's you might as well use the ones that come with the motor. The weight is still on the transom.

Depends on the boat, I guess. My Skeeter has the torque transfer system, as most skeeters, and it's extremely strong. I use the MotorMate.
Posted By: ShawnT

Re: Motor support question - 10/20/17 07:43 PM

I have the Pro Rule as that is what came with my Skeeter, but I much prefer the Motormate. There is no need for those damn clips with the Motormate.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Motor support question - 10/20/17 08:13 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted By: R.J.E.

Depends on the boat, I guess. My Skeeter has the torque transfer system, as most skeeters, and it's extremely strong. I use the MotorMate.

10-4 on MotorMate. The old type transom saver's don't save your transom. They don't support the weight of the entire motor no matter what angle they are and usually won't keep the motor vertical. Transoms are designed to hold the entire weight of the motor otherwise you would need a transom saver even when the boat was in the water. If you're concerned about the weight think of the torque the motor puts on the transom, much more stress than the weight. Get a MotorMate.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Motor support question - 10/21/17 01:47 AM

Mine came with a swivl-eze lock 'n stow an I hated it, went back to the heavy duty SP-429-RB with the built in shock absorber
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Motor support question - 10/21/17 02:32 AM

Motormate
Saves your seals also if you have hydraulic steering--absolutely no side to side shaking going down highway
Posted By: 03svtsnakevert

Re: Motor support question - 10/21/17 01:25 PM

anyone used a motormate on an older ox66? I have a 99 ox66 200 and was wondering if motormate fits it. The website seems unclear to me.

TIA
Posted By: Bass N Beer

Re: Motor support question - 10/21/17 01:30 PM

I'm using the motormate on a 99 OX66 3.1L 225 and it works great.
Posted By: R.J.E.

Re: Motor support question - 10/21/17 09:43 PM

Bass Pro Shops Tourney Pro.
Posted By: Kristopher Douglas.

Re: Motor support question - 10/21/17 11:52 PM

I like the one that goes to the trailer.
Posted By: jfdawson

Re: Motor support question - 10/22/17 12:04 AM

I used to have a MotorMate... I loved until I was returning from Martin Creek and lost mine somehow on I20.

Now I just use ProRule. MotorMate did replace it at no charge, so the customer service is great.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Motor support question - 10/22/17 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By: jfdawson
I used to have a MotorMate... I loved until I was returning from Martin Creek and lost mine somehow on I20.

Now I just use ProRule. MotorMate did replace it at no charge, so the customer service is great.

I20 is brutal.
Posted By: kevine80

Re: Motor support question - 10/22/17 12:18 AM

do you like blondes - red heads - brunettes ?
when you really get down to it --arent they all pretty good ?

these type questions usually just leave you more confused !
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum