Texas Fishing Forum

Warm fishing Suit?

Posted By: Lwfisherman

Warm fishing Suit? - 10/17/17 01:16 PM

in the market for a new rain suit , but would like something warmer. What are yall wearing??
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/17/17 01:22 PM

Mine is not what I would call warm, but for a rain suit I use Frog Toggs.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/17/17 01:32 PM

BPS 100 MPH Suit.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/17/17 02:00 PM

I have a bps Pro qualifier gore Tex it’s not insulated but I will layer under it if it’s cold, I have a Cabelas insulated gore Tex that I don’t wear because it’s to bulky and to hot.
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/17/17 02:03 PM

BPS Qualifier with Under Armour Base 3.0 underneath
Posted By: DEFMP

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/17/17 02:05 PM

Cabelas guide wear, and layers underneath. All you really need in Texas. Get a good quality gore-tex suit though, wind/water resistant and breathes well.
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/17/17 02:17 PM

Go to idigear.com and look at the Arctic Armor suits. Rain proof, windproof and will float you in the event that you fall in the water.
Posted By: Paul - Lake Fork

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/17/17 03:08 PM

Gore-Tex Jacket & Pants w/Suspenders or/Bib Style along with Under Armour Cold Gear Base layer 2.0 or 3.0 .. if over 45 degrees 2.0.. below 45 degrees the 3.0 base layer w/insulated Gore-Tex Bib and Jacket . This is what I wear night fishing in Fall/Winter/Spring works great. Gore-Tex works great with the moisture @ night you get and keeps you dry..I like Cabela's / L.L.Bean / North Face.
Posted By: champRD

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/17/17 04:00 PM

Does anyone have a idea on a gore-tex jacket for small women, girlfriend is 5 ft about 105 and we haven't found much. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/17/17 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: buda13
BPS 100 MPH Suit.
yep. Good from 70degrees to about 40....then add layers under it for colder.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/17/17 06:56 PM

BPS 100 MPH Suit.
Posted By: Fish2222

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/18/17 12:22 AM

Academy sells a great set of bibs & a matching coat....each part is $60
H2O Express....I love mine.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/18/17 12:38 AM

cabelas guidewear and layer up as needed....
Posted By: skeeter james

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/18/17 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Lwfisherman
in the market for a new rain suit , but would like something warmer. What are yall wearing??

I have the Cabelas gore Tex insulated bib and coat. It can be in the thirties outside and I can be going 70mph across the lake and it feels like I'm sitting in my living room, great stuff!!!!
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/18/17 11:40 AM

Cabelas gore tex with layers underneath. Would work in a blizzard.
Posted By: J-2

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/18/17 12:26 PM

Any of the major players (BPS 100mph, Simms, Cabelas guide wear, Gill, Huk) will work. The trick is layering.
Posted By: redskeeter190

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/18/17 11:41 PM

BPS 100 MPH Suit.

yup...
Posted By: LaBones

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/19/17 09:51 PM

Check bargain bin online at Cabelas. Guide gear extreme bibs were 99 bucks yesterday. Regular or tall.
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/19/17 10:37 PM

If you want warm. The Cabelas Guide Wear that is insalated are almost hot on a super cold day. I would get something non insulated a size larger then layer clothes as needed. The main thing for me is it keeps the wind off of you.
Posted By: Walker_wilson13

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/19/17 10:47 PM

BPS 100MPH
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/19/17 11:57 PM

Originally Posted By: J-2
Any of the major players (BPS 100mph, Simms, Cabelas guide wear, Gill, Huk) will work. The trick is layering.

This^^^

Posted By: pil,b

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/20/17 02:16 PM

Artic shield
Posted By: str1249

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/22/17 12:43 AM

100 mph rainsuit Bass Pro
Posted By: GODSDOZER

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/24/17 02:21 AM

Artic Armor hands down. So light you don't know its on. Not bulky, don't have to wear layers underneath . You will NOT get cold in this suit.

P.. When I first got my pro suit in the mail, I opened the package and thought to myself, there is no way this light suit can be warm. boy was I wrong. LOL
Posted By: Outlaw Outdoors

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/24/17 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: champRD
Does anyone have a idea on a gore-tex jacket for small women, girlfriend is 5 ft about 105 and we haven't found much. Any help would be appreciated.

Gill makes a good rain suit for women.
Posted By: stringwise

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/24/17 01:36 PM

Cabelas Guidewear is the one for you.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/24/17 02:28 PM

I just got a new guide wear suit. Seems really nice and goretex so it should be good. I had a gander mtn suit and I got soaked from head to toe
Posted By: 361V

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/24/17 02:43 PM

My suggestion: spend the extra money on a good quality Goretex rain suit. I have had both BPS 100MPH and Cabelas Guide Wear. GREAT suits. Equal quality. Last a long time. Bought the BPS many years ago from the Bargin Bin for 1/2 below retail. Bought the last suit from Cabelas when they were having an online internet only sale. 1/2 below retail again and I went to the store, tried on the suits, ordered online from the stores computer and picked up the suit right there from the store. I would highly recommend getting a slightly oversized NON-INSULATED suit so you will have a true 3-4 season rainsuit. Layer some longjohns, hoodie...under the suit for extreme cold. The insulated suits are too hot to wear except on cold winter days. Unless you are rich. Then buy one insulated and one non-insulated. :-)
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/24/17 08:11 PM

Originally Posted By: GODSDOZER
Artic Armor hands down. So light you don't know its on. Not bulky, don't have to wear layers underneath . You will NOT get cold in this suit.

P.. When I first got my pro suit in the mail, I opened the package and thought to myself, there is no way this light suit can be warm. boy was I wrong. LOL
Everybody seems to be stuck on the BPS 100 MPHG suit. I love my Arctic Armor suit and will put it up against the others any day. Way lighter and no layers.
Posted By: GODSDOZER

Re: Warm fishing Suit? - 10/25/17 01:47 AM

I agree, I can wear a pair of long johns under the suit or a pair of loose sweat pants and long sleeve t-shirt and have freedom of movement without the need for a hoodie, long johns, jeans, t shirt ect all layered up.

When I bought the suite I got a free pair of artic armour gloves which are made of the same material and your hands never get cold either.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum