Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing for Freedom

Posted By: T Bird

Fishing for Freedom - 10/15/17 11:09 AM

Anyone know/seen the results from yesterday's event on Belton?
Posted By: rsmith

Re: Fishing for Freedom - 10/15/17 11:32 AM

. It is in the Killeen paper I think winning weight it was 20.67 and big bass of 6.49 one of the guys was a fishing guide and put in hours of practice on Belton Lake the week before the tournament the paper said
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Fishing for Freedom - 10/15/17 12:11 PM

Good for him, put in the time. That's what it takes
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Fishing for Freedom - 10/15/17 12:14 PM

Thanks. Just read the article. Charles is a tough competitor on all Central TX. lakes.
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Fishing for Freedom - 10/15/17 04:37 PM

I believe a guide from LBJ.. barefoots charles whitted fishing I think. dont know where he caught them, I fished my ARSE off and hooked one and lost him, and caught one but too small. not much baitfish in main lake that I could find.
The event was awesome, and I will sure try to fish it again next year. LOTS of food, prizes, fellowship, a really world class event.
Nowhere else on the planet do I know of where you can enter a tournament free of charge, and possibly win a 28,000 bass boat, or thousands in prize money, and even if u dont win, you get a load of free stuff, hats, t shirt, 20.00 crank baits, floating key chains, rage tail plastic worm, tackle bag, rods, ect. Krispy Kreme donuts tournament morning, , hot dogs, chip, sausage wraps, candy. catering from Rudys barbeque, all the tea you can drink, food and prizes at the weigh in. just a SPECTACULAR event. The guest speaker was the bassmaster classic winner, another pro was there and fished, G klien. Just a great bunch, and lots of happy times. Everything ran like a fine swiss watch. thumb
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Fishing for Freedom - 10/15/17 05:32 PM

Charles is the kvd of central Texas. That guy shows up! He's salty on many lakes out here.
Posted By: Walls

Re: Fishing for Freedom - 10/15/17 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Charles is the kvd of central Texas. That guy shows up! He's salty on many lakes out here.

+1 has been a hammer on all of em for awhile.
Posted By: Big Kahuna Fishing

Re: Fishing for Freedom - 10/15/17 08:48 PM

Had a great time. Only caught a couple dinks. Lake Belton was the chopiest I have ever seen it.
Really impressed with how well it was run, and looking forward to next year.

Posted By: leanin post

Re: Fishing for Freedom - 10/16/17 01:10 AM

225 boats going full blast in all directions all morning really made it a washing machine. Glad I was in a good sized bay boat. I was fighting the waves going back to the ramp at abt 35 MPH , and see a boat that looks like a giant can of bug repelant pass me at around 75 mph. ha
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum