Texas Fishing Forum

How do you push a trailer by hand?

Posted By: Champion1

How do you push a trailer by hand? - 10/14/17 01:43 PM

I am buying a boat with dual axles and was wondering what those wheels that attach to it that allow you to turn it by hand are called? I have seen them just cant remember where.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: How do you push a trailer by hand? - 10/14/17 01:48 PM

Go-Jaks
Posted By: Tin Star Cajun

Re: How do you push a trailer by hand? - 10/14/17 01:54 PM

I have a tight turn into my garage that puts my truck into the grass so I bought a Trailer Valet Video reviews from Etrailer. Works great as I can push my boat trailer up to my garage then use a drill to get it in the rest of the way.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: How do you push a trailer by hand? - 10/14/17 01:55 PM

They are great for controlling the front of the boat. It is all about where the rubber meets the ground on a duel axle. Just turning it side ways a little bit to make it fit in the garage is still a major chore. Now if you are going to push it a distance so the friction is taken off the tires then you are in business.
Posted By: TinRangerJim

Re: How do you push a trailer by hand? - 10/14/17 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Donald Harper
It is all about where the rubber meets the ground on a duel axle. Just turning it side ways a little bit to make it fit in the garage is still a major chore.

Put some plastic trash bags under the wheels.
Posted By: burner42

Re: How do you push a trailer by hand? - 10/14/17 05:03 PM

Where do you live? I have the wheel jacks your looking for. I moved my boat to my house and don't use them anymore. I'll sell all 4 for $400, paid $600 for them 8 months ago.
They are awesome! But has to be concrete parking.
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: How do you push a trailer by hand? - 10/14/17 05:14 PM

Buy those from burner42 & you'll appreciate them. I don't have that issue, but if I did, that's the easiest way to deal with a tandem axle by hand.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: How do you push a trailer by hand? - 10/14/17 05:25 PM

burner42 comes through again. That is the cat's Meow..
Posted By: GROD

Re: How do you push a trailer by hand? - 10/14/17 07:00 PM

Just put some muscle in it... it will move.
Posted By: Len B 1

Re: How do you push a trailer by hand? - 10/15/17 12:02 AM

Doesn't the selenoid lock the brakes when ya unplug the wiring harness?
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: How do you push a trailer by hand? - 10/15/17 12:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Len B 1

Most bass boats and other boats under 23-24' usually only have hydraulic surge brakes so no issues of being locked when unhooked.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: How do you push a trailer by hand? - 10/15/17 01:12 AM

I'm down for those Burner 42. PM sent
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: How do you push a trailer by hand? - 10/15/17 01:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Len B 1

No, the solenoid blocks the flow of hydraulic fluid to the brakes when you are in reverse with the trailer plug connected to the vehicle (disables the brakes so they don't activate when putting pressure on the brake mechanism backing up).
If you disconnect the trailer plug and back up, the brakes will be applied making it difficult to back up.
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: How do you push a trailer by hand? - 10/16/17 01:32 PM

I use wheel dolly jacks, I got my second set and they are not the hydraulic ones and I love them. I only use 2 and put them on the axle with the disc brakes. A good friend showed me his with 3" PVC over the plastic rollers (fits loose but works fine) and that makes the plastic rollers stronger and last longer. I have replaced the plastic rollers on my hydraulic set 5 times they keep collapsing and splitting. I stopped using the hydraulic set because the hydraulic jacks quit working one of them locked up and wont release. anyway with any of these jacks you can push your boat around your shop, or garage with one hand. Without them it takes 2 people to move my boat over to shut the garage door, very worth the money spent. Good luck
Posted By: PhishWhisperer

Re: How do you push a trailer by hand? - 10/17/17 01:29 AM

My home made trailer mover. Plugs into trolling motor socket that I wired to have 24V for TM or 12V for trailer mover. Slow but strong and agile.
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: How do you push a trailer by hand? - 10/17/17 02:58 AM

Very ingenious phish!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum