Texas Fishing Forum

Boat/Motor Mechanic Conroe

Posted By: TexanTiger

Boat/Motor Mechanic Conroe - 10/10/17 07:34 PM

Any recommendations for a good mechanic in the Conroe area?
Thanks

for what its worth, i am having problems with the trim, the motor is running but will not go up or down
Posted By: Jim N

Re: Boat/Motor Mechanic Conroe - 10/11/17 11:24 AM

Stracks off Louetta west of 45........
Posted By: Ricktofish

Re: Boat/Motor Mechanic Conroe - 10/11/17 11:58 AM

Stracks +1
Posted By: bigfish76

Re: Boat/Motor Mechanic Conroe - 10/11/17 03:16 PM

Stracks
Posted By: Bahala

Re: Boat/Motor Mechanic Conroe - 10/11/17 03:58 PM

Give Ty a shout at Tex All Aluminum Trailers. 281-802-9151
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: Boat/Motor Mechanic Conroe - 10/11/17 05:38 PM

Bahala, I PMed him Paragod!!

Take it to stracks if you dont want it back in 2017!
Posted By: JLP

Re: Boat/Motor Mechanic Conroe - 10/11/17 05:46 PM

K & J Marine off 2920 in Spring
Very good mechanic and service
Posted By: bigfish76

Re: Boat/Motor Mechanic Conroe - 10/12/17 12:24 AM

Stracks has never been slow for me. I took mine in for recall and oil tank repair last Monday they called Wednesday told me to pick it up. I have never had anything there over a week that I can remember. I have used them at least 20-30 times. I still drive from Montgomery down there for their service.
Posted By: klo

Re: Boat/Motor Mechanic Conroe - 10/12/17 01:25 AM

Had problems with mine after taking it to a place in ft Worth 4 Times and telling them what it was. 2800 dollars later and They assured me it was all good. Yet it wouldn’t even get on plane. Use to live near the area, so I Drove all the way down to stracks and they fixed it in less than a week and it was exactly what I told them it was. Point being at Stracks they are real mechanics. Not plug it in the computer it says it’s fine mechanics.

Stracks is where I would go.
Posted By: Kens3313

Re: Boat/Motor Mechanic Conroe - 10/12/17 04:23 AM

Ive used Tim before and hes pretty good, Tims boat repair 936 597 8467. He is by the lake off of 1097
Posted By: fitter2259

Re: Boat/Motor Mechanic Conroe - 10/12/17 04:40 AM

I never had a problem at Stracks with how long it took them to get my boat out per se, but they are on the slow side of the delivery scale. However I did have a huge problem with them letting inexperienced young guys who had no business working on my rig mess with thins they weren't qualified for and had no business messing with. I tried using them twice and they screwed up stuff that wasn't apart of the service order and was working perfectly before they got their hands on it, never again.

I found Bowden Marine on old Atascocita road in Humble about 6 years ago and they have their chit together, I don't let anybody else touch my boat now unless I get in a bind and absolutely have to.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum