Texas Fishing Forum

Grande Bass Customer Service

Posted By: Douglas J

Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/10/17 04:11 PM

Anyone else have a terrible time with customer service at Grande Bass?

I placed an order 2 weeks ago and even sent a "follow up" email last week to inquire about shipping, since I had received zero shipping info.

Just got a return email today stating they must have "shipped to the wrong person". They said they would "reship" my order and throw in some extras, heck I do not need "extras", I need what I paid for 2 weeks ago.

Anyone else ever have a bad experience with their customer service? Does it take that long to receive or read an email form paying customers?

I have not ordered directly from them in 4 or 5 years, now I remember why laugh
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/10/17 04:20 PM

I've had several bad experiences myself. From what I've witnessed, never order from them directly. I believe there was thread on here a year or two ago about people having bad experiences with Grande Bass as well.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/10/17 04:22 PM

Seems like this topic has come up a couple of times with everyone having similar experiences. I think the Grande Bass Sponsored guy a little upset on the last thread. Grande Bass seems like one of those products where it is just best to get it from a store or find a good substitute.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/10/17 04:23 PM

I would assume there still around here somewhere, Ill just wait here.
popcorn

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/10/17 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Shallow Waters
Seems like this topic has come up a couple of times with everyone having similar experiences. I think the Grande Bass Sponsored guy a little upset on the last thread. Grande Bass seems like one of those products where it is just best to get it from a store or find a good substitute.

That is what I usually do, but what I wanted showed out of stock everywhere else except them directly, and yes I cringed when I hit the "place order" tab. laugh

I love their products, just despise their lack of CS.
Posted By: Wes H

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/10/17 04:48 PM

Great products but the worst customer service I know of in the business. Tackle warehouse is the only place I'd get them. There have been several threads on here with a bunch of the same stories. There is a guy that'll come religiously defend them, then every single thread gets deleted.

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/10/17 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Wes H
Great products but the worst customer service I know of in the business. Tackle warehouse is the only place I'd get them. There have been several threads on here with a bunch of the same stories. There is a guy that'll come religiously defend them, then every single thread gets deleted.

You are correct, he will be along shortly.
popcorn
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/10/17 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Smurfs

popcorn

Well, I'm not that GUY, but, I can delete this post...LOL..
Doug, they're (grandeBass) believe it or not, is a small company, it's not tackle warehouse. in fact when in a hurry, you would be better off going with tackle warehouse IMO.. I understand your frustration, Jerry will make it up to you, mistakes do happen..

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/10/17 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter

popcorn

Doug, they're (grandeBass) believe it or not, is small company, it's not tackle warehouse. in fact when in a hurry, you would be better off going with tackle warehouse IMO.. I understand your frustration, Jerry will make it up to you, mistakes do happen..

I do like some of their products.

I have very thick skin and can live with getting grilled by the "GB crew" for posting this complaining about their CS. I know eventually they will ship my stuff. But, if you have the product according to your own website in stock, how in the world does it take 2 weeks to initiate shipping??

Like I said it's been a few years since I ordered direct and now I remember why laugh
Posted By: 96speed

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/10/17 05:45 PM

I've addressed my concerns with them directly. They told me thanks for my concern and they would pass it along. Small company or big company doesn't matter. Poor communication and apathetic attitude.
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/10/17 06:35 PM

company size has nothing to do with it, IMO.

in fact i tend to get outstanding, above and beyond type service from the smaller bait companies ... Santone, provider tackle, finch nasty, smash tech to name a few.

I am not saying grande has good or bad service, i do not know - but i know there's been a lot of 'noise' around them for years. being small isn't an excuse for poor service based experience with other small and local companies. if i have a T this weekend and desperately need some product, i know i can call any of the above directly and have them overnight - one of them has even shipped to the place i was going to stay that weekend because i wasn't going to be home before the T.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/10/17 07:06 PM

Think of it like this. They don't have a huge inventory. They make their orders as they come in. They are about 2 to 3 weeks out on your order. This place is not Tackle Warehouse, they make a great bait. If you don't like it, go buy something else. I know for all of you millennial's out there, who have had that Amazon pleasure of getting something the next day, that this is just hard to swallow. No, I am not an employee, but I do buy in bulk in the 100's when I do buy, as I have learned the hard way. Great product, so get in line and wait. LOL
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/10/17 07:11 PM

One more thing, if they make a mistake, they always will make it up to you. They one time shipped me the wrong order. I emailed them back, they shipped me the corrected order and told me to keep the wrong order. It was almost a $200 mistake on their part.
Posted By: 5-20

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/10/17 07:40 PM

The comments about grande bass here are a lot "nicer" than what I've read on some other forums.

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/10/17 08:11 PM

Originally Posted By: David Welcher
Think of it like this. They don't have a huge inventory. They make their orders as they come in. They are about 2 to 3 weeks out on your order. This place is not Tackle Warehouse, they make a great bait. If you don't like it, go buy something else. I know for all of you millennial's out there, who have had that Amazon pleasure of getting something the next day, that this is just hard to swallow. No, I am not an employee, but I do buy in bulk in the 100's when I do buy, as I have learned the hard way. Great product, so get in line and wait. LOL

LOL.... Exactly.
As David said, if ya don't like it,buy something else, just that simple, have a great day y'all grin

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/10/17 08:27 PM

LOL.... Exactly.
As David said, if ya don't like it,buy something else, just that simple, have a great day y'all grin

Since I was born in the late 60's so I don't think I'm a "millennial laugh.

If you do not have it in stock, do not list it in stock.

If they were honest and said my order had to be custom poured, I could live with that, but they don't they list items in stock.

It's all good, 3 emails and a Paypal inquiry later and they emailed me today and said they were shipping it, LOL

And the only reason I ordered direct is they were out of what I wanted at Tackle Warehouse and my order was 15 bags of bait so that is somewhat a "bulk" order.
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/10/17 08:29 PM

if ya don't like it,buy something else, just that simple, have a great day y'all grin

can't argue with that.

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/10/17 08:34 PM

Doug I feel ya bud, I usually get baits by the pound from Grande, like minners at Fork... It gives me time in between orders, I know everyone isn't able to do that, so, I understand your predicament...

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/10/17 08:36 PM

Doug I feel ya bud, I usually get baits by the pound from Grande, like minners at Fork... It gives me time in between orders, I know everyone isn't able to do that, so, I understand your predicament...

I had no idea they sell them like that or I would buy them in pounds, and I think I might be able to afford to buy in bulk LOL

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/10/17 08:41 PM

Jerry gives me a special deal, being so called, and I hate this term, Pro Staff... LOL duhhh im not a pro by any means.. Promotional, yes..
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/10/17 08:43 PM

Nothing like a Grande bass thread lol. The best one ever was the one where the guy was mad about some of the legs on the creature baits being bent.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/10/17 08:53 PM

How do you fish a rattlesnake? bolt
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/10/17 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By: buda13

I use a 6'10 MH rod, 15lb Flouro, 3/0 hook and 1/4 oz. bullet sinker. Fish it on the bottom with short twitches. bolt
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/10/17 09:18 PM

Is that a Lake Fork ring fry?
Posted By: Fast Lane

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/10/17 11:40 PM

I mentioned something about their customer service on here a couple of years ago and you guys all took up for them. I even got booted off for posting it. My how times have changed...............
Posted By: H2ODawg67

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/10/17 11:59 PM

One more thing, if they make a mistake, they always will make it up to you. They one time shipped me the wrong order. I emailed them back, they shipped me the corrected order and told me to keep the wrong order. It was almost a $200 mistake on their part.

Doug, maybe Welcher has your order grin
Posted By: DuctsZX250

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/11/17 12:09 AM

A great product will only take poor customer service so far and great customer service will not take a poor product very far.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/11/17 12:22 AM

Who was first? Hags grande or LFT ? roflmao bolt whip

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/11/17 12:30 AM

I wonder if the people saying "if you don't like the service buy another product" are the same that come on here and complain about there experience with other people on the lake. Terrible customer service is just as bad as flat out rude and inconsiderate people on the water. It doesn't take a second to respond to an email from a customer.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/11/17 01:18 AM

1 LFT
2 Grande Bass
3 Hags

I have ordered from them in the past and the order wasn't totally what I ordered, but my most recent order two weeks ago was correct and got here quicker than I expected. I use a lot of their baits.
Posted By: junk baits

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/11/17 02:11 AM

No Biggie just go to the store. Academy, Cabelas, Bass Pro. All good.

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/11/17 02:14 AM

popcorn

Doug, they're (grandeBass) believe it or not, is a small company, it's not tackle warehouse. in fact when in a hurry, you would be better off going with tackle warehouse IMO.. I understand your frustration, Jerry will make it up to you, mistakes do happen..

****THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!****^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/11/17 02:57 AM

Doug -- If you tell me what you ordered. I might have what you need, to get you by until your order comes. grin
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/11/17 03:44 AM

Originally Posted By: junk baits

Bass Pro tends to have a terrible Grande Bass selection.
Posted By: ez_4_u00

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/11/17 01:57 PM

Hasn't this been the story for Grande Bass for like the last six years? I'm still waiting on the perstaffers to tell us how to rig one up!

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/11/17 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By: ez_4_u00
Hasn't this been the story for Grande Bass for like the last six years? I'm still waiting on the perstaffers to tell us how to rig one up!

I am not a Prostaffer but judging by the typical response to these threads I think the advice would be something like - "If you dont like how you rigged it then go buy another product". Hope that helps, good luck,
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/11/17 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.

And the only reason I ordered direct is they were out of what I wanted at Tackle Warehouse and my order was 15 bags of bait so that is somewhat a "bulk" order.
OK, I can't stand it anymore. What bait and what color? cyclop
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/11/17 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By: collincountytx

The Bass Pro Shops here in San Antonio doesn't even have GrandeBass, or a lot of anything else for that matter. Ha!

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/11/17 03:37 PM

Wrong!
Posted By: 96speed

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/11/17 04:31 PM

Apparently, Grande Bass tends to have a terrible selection of Grande Bass products as well.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/11/17 11:46 PM

I think Walter is in charge of their advertising and the online store...."Welcome to GB, get your [censored], or don't, and get out"

[img]http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics...ec5c7a0_jeff_du[/img]

Posted By: Beast From The East

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/11/17 11:51 PM

My partner owns a tackle store and no longer carries them because the customer service is so bad.
Posted By: cwil

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/12/17 01:27 AM

I made an order with them within the past month or so, I only received emails from them on the day of the order itself. I almost forgot about the order and then it showed in the mail. At a minimum 2 to 2 1/2 weeks later. that is all.
Posted By: whnigt

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/12/17 02:24 AM

I'm surprised this thread is still up. Anything negative against GB gets deleted real quick.
Posted By: BigJohn

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/12/17 02:50 AM

I have always been treated good by them. Order a lot of baits and never had an issue. I’m not a pro staffer and deal with customer service daily with my job and know the battles to recover when people think badly about it. I love the baits and hope everyone gets their orders and gets treated like I have been by Grande Bass.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/12/17 01:13 PM

Originally Posted By: 96speed

Apparently, Grande Bass tends to have a terrible selection of Grande Bass products as well.

roflmao
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/12/17 03:20 PM

I had no problem with my last order a couple of weeks ago. I got everything I ordered and it was soon after I ordered, and no, I am not on their pro staff. I ordered from them directly because Tackle Warehouse did not have the color bait I was wanting.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/12/17 03:54 PM

I tie it to a roadrunner. LOL
Posted By: T-racer @ Mallard Marine

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/12/17 06:27 PM

Some funny stuff in here. I feel what you're saying Doug, if they'd have just said they need to be poured, it'll take 2-3 weeks you would've known, and then been cool with it. Communication was all you needed.
I had a similar experience at a diesel shop the other day, I dropped my truck off and the owner told me it would take 2 to 3 days. Four weeks later, I picked my truck up. The work was completed to my satisfaction, scratch that, well above my satisfaction, BUT he kept not wanting to communicate with me about how long it would take after initially estimating 2 to 3 days. If he would've just told me it would take a month, I would've been perfectly fine. It was because of his initial estimate, just like you thought you were bait was in stock, that had me very upset. Product can be good all day long but COMMUNICATION from customer service is so crucial.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/12/17 09:56 PM

Sinkey will not approve of this thread... peep
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/13/17 12:00 AM

Well , this year he won’t. roflmao

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/13/17 01:29 AM

I agree The baits are great and I have had no problems. I have never had my legs fall off. Maybe Im lucky!
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/13/17 01:33 PM

Call Tommy at Hags and make an order. He will take care of you. If you need Pm me. Both baits are great..

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/13/17 03:49 PM

Got my baits in, not bad 17 days to travel 250 miles maybe.

I guess they use a pack mule for Grande Bass deliveries laugh laugh

Thanks for allowing me to vent while I was having Grande withdrawals thumb
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/13/17 06:58 PM

I know in today's world people want to do everything by email but right or wrong many smaller companies don't monitor their email efficiently. I hate to email when a number is listed as I'd rather have an instant response. I wouldn't have waited 2 weeks for a response.

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/13/17 07:08 PM

I would think a company with an online store would probably check their emails at least once in a 2 week period.
Posted By: whnigt

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/13/17 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Shallow Waters
I would think a company with an online store would probably check their emails at least once in a 2 week period.

They may check their e-mails and phone messages. Who knows. I know one thing they don't reply to either one. Be careful they will post your name address and number here on a public form for no reason. Been there and had it done to me.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/14/17 02:06 AM

I don't know what all the fuss is about, their baits do not catch fish anyways, I use zoom baits for all of my fishing. grin
Posted By: mwbmod74

Re: Grande Bass Customer Service - 10/14/17 04:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Happykamper
I don't know what all the fuss is about, their baits do not catch fish anyways, I use zoom baits for all of my fishing. grin

Your prolly a whole lot better off......
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum