Texas Fishing Forum

Toledo Bend got me today!

Posted By: BassStalker

Toledo Bend got me today! - 10/06/17 03:48 AM

Anyone else fish the TB today that had better luck?? Caught 5 (only 5) that went about 7-1/2 lbs.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Toledo Bend got me today! - 10/06/17 10:46 AM

Been here since Sunday and it's a grind.
Posted By: ToledoBassin

Re: Toledo Bend got me today! - 10/06/17 11:54 AM

Deep. 18-25 feet.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Toledo Bend got me today! - 10/06/17 12:56 PM

Deep schools down south
Posted By: BassStalker

Re: Toledo Bend got me today! - 10/07/17 01:24 AM

Found some deep today but not the size. The weather is changing tomorrow. Does cloudy conditions make it better here?
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Toledo Bend got me today! - 10/07/17 11:54 PM

Originally Posted By: BassStalker
Found some deep today but not the size. The weather is changing tomorrow. Does cloudy conditions make it better here?

better top water bite
Posted By: CypressTXBass

Re: Toledo Bend got me today! - 10/09/17 01:54 PM

Fished Toledo Wed-Fri last week. Fished San Miguel, LaNana, and several of the pockets on the east side by the cliffs. Graphed a lot of fish deep but could never get them to bite. Tried c rig, drop shot, to rig, and shakey head. Topwater bite early and late was non existent for us. Only semi pattern we could find was weightless flukes super shallow. All the fish we caught were small though, biggest around 3 lbs. caught quite a few in the 2lb range and the rest were dinks. Threw everything in the boat at them and the flukes were the only consistent thing. I know there is a deep bite but unless you know exactly where to go good luck finding them. Flukes in sexy shad and baby bass were best Wed and Thurs with watermelon red being better on Friday. Chrome rattle traps were okay in the pockets off the river with flukes working there also. Fish seemed to be really scattered, would pick one up here and there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum