Texas Fishing Forum

LAKE ARLINGTON - HELP!

Posted By: Dabaker421

LAKE ARLINGTON - HELP! - 10/05/17 03:05 PM

Where in the world do you fish on that lake and what to use!?!?!?! Its probably around 5 feet low, so a lot of the "good spots" are out of the water. I have only fished this lake once and would like to find some decent fish, as this is my new home lake. Just need a little assistance. Thanks fellas.
Posted By: EvanVidal

Re: LAKE ARLINGTON - HELP! - 10/06/17 12:18 AM

I haven't fished Arlington in years. Being that it is as low as it is, I would recommend fishing the main Lake points. Starting deep and moving shallow with cranks and chatterbaits. I've always found that lake to be a structure driven Lake, so if you can find any kind of structure you'll probably find the fish.
Posted By: GROD

Re: LAKE ARLINGTON - HELP! - 10/06/17 01:56 AM

Points, dam, and discharge area... try a wacky rig and a drop shot.
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: LAKE ARLINGTON - HELP! - 10/06/17 02:35 AM

The lower it gets the better it fishes.
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: LAKE ARLINGTON - HELP! - 10/06/17 03:49 AM

discharge area...
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: LAKE ARLINGTON - HELP! - 10/06/17 09:44 AM

I disowned Arlington and adopted Pool instead.
Posted By: GROD

Re: LAKE ARLINGTON - HELP! - 10/06/17 10:50 AM

Arlingtone gave up an 11.2 the other day (not me)... holds some big fish for sure.
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: LAKE ARLINGTON - HELP! - 10/06/17 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Finesse Master/ Dropshot king
discharge area...

I hooked up with a 6 years ago at the discharge on a black spinner bait.
Posted By: Bassinfreak 7

Re: LAKE ARLINGTON - HELP! - 10/06/17 04:21 PM

I would focus on the docks, particularly the ones between the 2 ramps. Watermelon red brush hogs and senkos around and under the docks and crankbaits between and in front of the docks. The docks down south hold fish also but I have had better luck at the ones between the ramps. Also throw a blue fleck power worm early or if it is cloudy. Good fish in that lake and it is not very pressured.
Posted By: Pico Pearch

Re: LAKE ARLINGTON - HELP! - 10/06/17 06:15 PM

Fish the old bridge in front of the south launch area. It usually holds a fish or two.

Re: LAKE ARLINGTON - HELP! - 10/09/17 01:44 PM

THANKS FELLERS.
Posted By: DedShort

Re: LAKE ARLINGTON - HELP! - 10/09/17 06:22 PM

Don't doubt Lake Arlington. It holds some nice fish. The trick is figuring them out. The dam is popular, as w3ll as the power plant intake and discharge areas. I like the docks up the creek when there is enough water. There are several brush piles if you can find them.

Re: LAKE ARLINGTON - HELP! - 10/12/17 03:47 PM

I see good fish caught out of it. Is it usually this low? Is it due to everyone watering and what not? I'm trying to give it hell....but its giving it back way better!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum