Texas Fishing Forum

Dobyns warranty questuon

Posted By: goodman1389

Dobyns warranty questuon - 09/27/17 05:40 PM

Just had a Dobyns champion series snap in half on a hook set. I don't have one of these crazy hard hook sets and the fish was a whopping 1.5lbs. Anyone have any experience with their warranty dept?
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Dobyns warranty questuon - 09/27/17 07:01 PM

I call the factory and explain what happened. Typically they want you to send it in so they can look at it. Make sure you provide your full contact information when you send it in. So far I have been very happy with their service.
Posted By: Bugzout10

Re: Dobyns warranty questuon - 09/28/17 01:05 AM

Cut the rod and send them about 10 inches where it shows the series and number of rod it's posted on there website I called them to verify
Posted By: Bugzout10

Re: Dobyns warranty questuon - 09/28/17 01:07 AM

Dobyns warranty
Posted By: GriddleGrizzly

Re: Dobyns warranty questuon - 09/28/17 01:12 AM

I had to send a fury back a while ago when it was shredding line. Got top notch customer service. Gary Dobyns emailed me personally, apologized, explained the issue, and sent a replacement rod at no cost to me before they had mine back at their hq. If its their fault, they'll take care of you. I've got 12 champs/extremes now. They made a customer for life with me.
Posted By: 8upwithfishin'

Re: Dobyns warranty questuon - 09/28/17 01:13 AM

Fishin World took care of me.
Posted By: goodman1389

Re: Dobyns warranty questuon - 09/28/17 01:32 AM

Thanks for all the responses. I spoke with them on the phone this afternoon and they said to send in both pieces. If they say it's a factory defect they'll send me a replacement. If they determine it's my fault then I'll have to pay a $70 replacement fee plus shipping. Not quite sure how they're going to determine that but we'll see I guess.
Posted By: SkeeterTZX

Re: Dobyns warranty questuon - 09/28/17 02:45 PM

I just had the same thing happen, rod snapped while setting the hook. I sent them both pieces of the rod back, included all of my contact info and an explanation of what happened, and they sent me a brand new rod. I had the new rod back within a week. Exceptional customer service.
Posted By: FlaNative

Re: Dobyns warranty questuon - 09/28/17 03:25 PM

Fun N Sun handles Dobyns warranty replacements...
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Dobyns warranty questuon - 09/28/17 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: 8upwithfishin'
Fishin World took care of me.

+1 on fishin world... Robert and his crew will take great care of you
Posted By: TallBaldCypress

Re: Dobyns warranty questuon - 09/29/17 10:55 AM

I had one snap on me. Instead of finding a tube, driving to fedex, paying for shipping only to hope they would warranty it I just cut it, paid the $70 and got a new rod.

It boiled down to paying the $70 + $5 shipping for a guaranteed replacement or paying $25 in packaging, shipping, time and fuel with no guarantee. What happens if they deny a defect? Do you have to pay the $70 on top of what you already spent by sending it to them for an evaluation?

It's not a consumer friendly policy, IMO.

The fact that they will replace it for $70 hints at the outrageous profit they make on each rod.... they probably aren't losing money replacing the rod for $70. Just like Costa likely isn't losing money when they send you a new pair of glasses for their $17 warranty deal.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Dobyns warranty questuon - 09/29/17 02:15 PM

If they were closer it would be easier! Gary needs to move to Texas smile
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Dobyns warranty questuon - 09/29/17 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: SkeeterRonnie
If they were closer it would be easier! Gary needs to move to Texas smile

He is moving to the Lake Fork area. I am guessing he is building a new building so early spring?
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: Dobyns warranty questuon - 09/29/17 03:19 PM

Very good service from Dobyns!! Just give them a call.
might even get lucky and Gary will answer.
Stand up guy. He answered the phone the one time I called.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Dobyns warranty questuon - 09/29/17 08:44 PM

He will get tired of me bugging him if he moves that close to me roflmao

Re: Dobyns warranty questuon - 09/29/17 11:09 PM

He's already bought the ground for the new building and land for new house. He's coming for sure.
Posted By: GriddleGrizzly

Re: Dobyns warranty questuon - 09/29/17 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix

He's already bought the ground for the new building and land for new house. He's coming for sure.

Glad to see him come to texas. Cali loses another to taxes (i'm assuming that has something to do with it.)

Re: Dobyns warranty questuon - 09/30/17 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: GriddleGrizzly
Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Glad to see him come to texas. Cali loses another to taxes (i'm assuming that has something to do with it.)

more then you could imagine. He seams real happy with the move and I wish him and his family the best on their move.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum