Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Arlington

Posted By: Dabaker421

Lake Arlington - 09/27/17 04:08 PM

Never fished this lake, but planning on it this weekend. Any pointers? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Bassinfreak 7

Re: Lake Arlington - 09/27/17 05:34 PM

I would start at the docks between the 2 ramps. They will be relating to the docks. Try right by the posts with senkos. If they are not there try under the docks with senkos or brush hogs. Then try in front of the docks and between the docks with crankbaits. The last pattern I have had good luck with there is throwing jigs in any grass along the shore line. Lake may be too low for that but if there is any shore line grass find the holes and flip a jig. I have caught nice fish in less than a foot of water. I stick with basic colors watermelon, watermelon/red and a blue fleck power worm works well if it is cloudy. Crankbait color would be any shad color and break out a chrome blue rattletrap if that doesn't work. There are some good fish in that lake, good luck.
Posted By: Dabaker421

Re: Lake Arlington - 09/28/17 02:48 PM

Thanks.
Posted By: Bassinfreak 7

Re: Lake Arlington - 09/28/17 06:17 PM

No Problem, One thing I will point out when I say right by the posts I mean sometimes you have to flip the posts and feed line so it drops right next to the post all the way down. I don't think they will be that tight to cover this weekend based on the weather but if you are not getting any bites try this. Sometimes it takes a small senko. Try wacky and straight.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum