Texas Fishing Forum

Bob Sandlin Fishing

Posted By: bgraham

Bob Sandlin Fishing - 09/26/17 06:34 PM

Thinking about giving Bob Sandlin Thursday or Friday. Haven't been in a long time. Was wondering how it is fishing and any tips.
Posted By: Randy Harrell

Re: Bob Sandlin Fishing - 09/26/17 08:03 PM

I'd carry dynamite if it were me. thumb
Posted By: River to sea

Re: Bob Sandlin Fishing - 09/26/17 08:15 PM

Lake BS is fishing really tough right now , lots of small fish biting , can't hardly fine a quality fish , hopefully this cooler weather will turn them on . Flip docks , you'll get bit .
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: Bob Sandlin Fishing - 09/26/17 09:45 PM

fished it saturday caught lots of small fish. 3.5 lbs won big bass in a tournament if that gives you any idea. Easy to get bit, difficult to find any quality bites.
Posted By: LakeTylerMan

Re: Bob Sandlin Fishing - 09/26/17 09:48 PM

I echo these reports. I just had a tournament on the lake and only one fisherman did well and a couple respectable. For me it was bad. I caught a few fish but five of the six I caught were short. Some in the club had to resort to Spotted Bass to fill limits. Water was creamy green and it was hot. I'm sure it's a good lake at times.
Posted By: P_102

Re: Bob Sandlin Fishing - 09/26/17 10:07 PM

Sandlin fish are tough to figure out, you can be on a good pattern in one area that won't work in other, similar areas. There is a great deal of water where you think 'bass heaven' but can't get bit. Downsizing to a small curly tail grub on a jig head has helped put fish in the boat on tough days. P_102
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum