Texas Fishing Forum

Snake in Boat

Posted By: Hook'em79

Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 03:16 PM

So took the boat out last weekend and my buddy noticed a snake skin in between the seat and the side of my boat. We both really hoped that whatever kind of snake it was that it was gone. Well I started cleaning the boat out last night and noticed what appeared to be a snake turd in the bottom of my boat that wasn't there before. Now I am a little concerned that this snake has made a home out of my Triton. Any ideas on what to do to lure it out? By the way, I hate snakes and have no interest in looking for it. Looking for ideas on something that would make it want to leave.
Posted By: ROT Angler

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 03:23 PM

FIRE and a lot of it! Burn that boat thoroughly!
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 03:25 PM

Being a Triton I agree with ROT Angler.
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Hook'em79
noticed what appeared to be a snake turd in the bottom of my boat that wasn't there before.

are you sure the feces in question is of serpentine origin?

If he is living in your boat, he must be there because of a food source. You have rats / mice living in the boat? Remove the food, the snake will leave on his own.
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 03:32 PM

Just stick your hands into every crevice, when he latches on, pull his azz out, you're welcome.

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 03:39 PM

All great ideas..... but still looking for the winning one.

Ted, to be honest I am not sure but it was a turd in the likes of which I have never seen before. I noticed I might have a mouse a few months back so put some poison in and haven't seen any clues since.
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 03:41 PM

Put moth balls in the boat and then put a cover on it. Everything living will find a way out.
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 03:43 PM

Go to the pet store, get a mouse, put it out for bait and when the slithery thing shows itself blast it.
Posted By: Canny

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 03:44 PM

Yes and video the hunt for all of us to see.
Posted By: kscatman76

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 03:52 PM

put some sticky traps in it, maybe some bait on them, maybe just put several out.
Posted By: Gibby

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 04:12 PM

Hes probably already gone. Snakes need food and water just like anything else. Inside a boat is not a place a snake can have access to both. That said, if you want to be certain, look in the darkest places in the boat to try to find it. They can get into places you might not expect and will almost always go to the darkest places they can find for shelter.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 04:19 PM

I've heard of snakes on a plane before, but a boat?
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 04:40 PM

Moth balls are your best answer. They will run him out. The other option is to put down large sticky tracks where he might travel and catch him on them.
Posted By: FlatBack4

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 04:53 PM

Don't the moth balls. Trust me. Don't do the moth balls.
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 04:57 PM

Moth balls are a good deterent, but odds are that it is already gone. Snakes are drawn to rodents and heat sources. ( when its cool outside)

If you had a mouse in your boat at some point, the snake might've followed the smell. If there's no food, it will move on.

Posted By: the skipper

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 04:58 PM

If you do the moth balls don't just put out single ones everywhere. Put 5 or 10 in a bowl and put it in your bilge where it won't spill. Put another bowl near the front of the boat. Put your cover on. Those babies will stink anything out but it might stink you out also
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 05:01 PM

Get a small amount of chlorine tablets, place one in each storage box, live well, battery compartment, etc. Animals of any kind can't stand the smell of chlorine. I would remove the rods first and wouldn't leave the tablets over 2 nights. I had trouble with squirrels and cats digging in my flower beds so I put a few chlorine tablets out and within a few days they moved on.
Posted By: GriddleGrizzly

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 05:04 PM

When i was younger i had a pet ball python and she got away from me one day. She crawled up under the trim beneath the bathroom sink. We got a mouse from petco, put it in a jar with holes in the lid and left it. About an hour later she was wrapped around that jar.
Posted By: Cass Caldwell

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 05:43 PM

The big sticky traps made for snakes.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 06:00 PM

What does a snake turd look like?
Posted By: Dr. Hook

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 06:01 PM

We use "Snake Away" at my office building because of the large tank next to it. It does work well.

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 06:54 PM

Well thanks for the different solutions guys. I just hope to high hell that thing is gone or will be gone soon. I am going to go with the sticky pad idea.

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 06:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Dr. Hook
We use "Snake Away" at my office building because of the large tank next to it. It does work well.

I thought about doing this but it contains a high level of sulfur and didn't want to deal with getting that smell out of the boat.
Posted By: squib

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 07:01 PM

I rent out packs of Mongooses--or Mongeese--or Mongi--whatever.

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By: squib
I rent out packs of Mongooses--or Mongeese--or Mongi--whatever.

I am really down with that!
Posted By: GROD

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 08:04 PM

Sale the boat!
Posted By: TEXASJIGSTER

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 08:28 PM

Clean all of your compartments out and use baby powder it will tell you if it's still there and if it's a snake.
Posted By: L a r r y

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 10:03 PM

Sounds to me like you have a new boat owner smile
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 10:46 PM

Turn the boat upside down and shake it real hard.
Posted By: Joefishhunter

Re: Snake in Boat - 09/25/17 11:36 PM

You can try a heating pad in an open area It will look for the warmth and then grab the salad tong and throw him out lol OR use a 45 and shoot him smile
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum