Texas Fishing Forum

Inn at BK ranch

Posted By: Lmiller157

Inn at BK ranch - 09/25/17 02:39 AM

Anyone every fished the inn at BK ranch in East Texas? If so how was it, has anyone fished any place like it near Lufkin?
Posted By: Bigron119

Re: Inn at BK ranch - 09/25/17 02:11 PM

Huh??? Fished the "Inn at BK Ranch"? where is it at?
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Inn at BK ranch - 09/25/17 02:13 PM

Palestine. Gary and Bev Yamamoto's place.
Posted By: Gilbert M.

Re: Inn at BK ranch - 09/25/17 10:56 PM

I fished it, only fished the pond with boat ramp. Nothing big but my HS kids had fun running around to the different ponds. There are some monster bream in there, one of my guys caught a 1.4lb bream. If you go and take a boat, take your cover the roads are dusty heading down to ponds.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Inn at BK ranch - 09/25/17 11:11 PM

Been there three times and stayed at the Inn. Neat place! I have fished all the lakes (about seven) but the one Gary was building when we were there last time. They all have fish in them. Caught about 40 in one of the smaller ponds on a spinnerbait one evening before dinner in about an hour, some nice ones too up to about 6 pounds.

It is really a cool place and they make you feel very welcome. Beverly Yamamoto is a hoot and very sweet and personable. Gary is great too but much more reserved.

Many folks mistake me for him when I go to Fork. But I'm a foot taller. roflmao
Posted By: Lmiller157

Re: Inn at BK ranch - 09/26/17 02:30 AM

Thanks for the Input. It looks like a cozy place to stay for a couple of nights.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Inn at BK ranch - 09/26/17 12:53 PM

A few years back they had a nice restaurant inside the main house. I don't know if they still cook for guests but it was pretty awesome. They served Gary's Wagyu beef.

I would call and ask them. It is pretty far from town and Athens is not known for their culinary skills. roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum