Texas Fishing Forum

Fish Touching the Carpet Rule

Posted By: Easy Fisherman

Fish Touching the Carpet Rule - 09/24/17 10:32 PM

Why does MLF penalize you if the fish touches the carpet ? I read that if you let it lay on the carpet that it removes the protective slim it has on it and not tomorrow but in the future it gets sores on it where it touched the carpet and it will die . Wonder if that is why they have the rule about the fish touching the carpet ?
Posted By: Puma Jim

Re: Fish Touching the Carpet Rule - 09/24/17 10:58 PM

Just a different twist. I like watching those pros squirm on a 2 min penalty
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Fish Touching the Carpet Rule - 09/24/17 11:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Puma Jim
Just a different twist. I like watching those pros squirm on a 2 min penalty

They squirm because they can get more done in two minutes than I can in 10 with regards to quality casts. It's not an eternity for them....but close.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Fish Touching the Carpet Rule - 09/24/17 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Easy Fisherman
Why does MLF penalize you if the fish touches the carpet ? I read that if you let it lay on the carpet that it removes the protective slim it has on it and not tomorrow but in the future it gets sores on it where it touched the carpet and it will die . Wonder if that is why they have the rule about the fish touching the carpet ?

You answered your own question.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Fish Touching the Carpet Rule - 09/25/17 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By: dmr183
Originally Posted By: Easy Fisherman

You answered your own question.

+1
Posted By: goodman1389

Re: Fish Touching the Carpet Rule - 09/25/17 12:14 AM

Same reason pros aren't allowed to use landing nets and next year won't be allowed to using piercing cull clips. Trying to do as little harm as possible to the fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum