Texas Fishing Forum

Palestine navigation

Posted By: Spyder_Jig

Palestine navigation - 09/19/17 05:34 PM

Hey guys...headed to Palestine and curious about running the lake. I have no desire to go up north and tear up my stuff so looking mainly to run from the villages south. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Palestine navigation - 09/19/17 05:42 PM

there is a map floating around with a pretty good indication of where you can run... Search running palestine and go through the posts. Maybe someone else will be able to link you or recall the map for you to save a little time
Posted By: HooksetBrother - Adam

Re: Palestine navigation - 09/19/17 05:42 PM

Not to scale but gives you an idea.

Posted By: JCHANDLER

Re: Palestine navigation - 09/19/17 11:46 PM

Trim her high and let her fly! Good luck...

Re: Palestine navigation - 09/20/17 12:02 AM

Thanks for the map guys. Looks like running the east side is my best bet. Question: the red line on the map in front of pine trail estates...I assume are stumps along the channel? It looks like the only real hazard if you hug the east bank. Is this so?
Posted By: LakeTylerMan

Re: Palestine navigation - 09/20/17 03:31 AM

I hate that lake. The more stumps the more fish. No stumps, no fish. I don't like to tear up my stuff. I hate that lake!

Re: Palestine navigation - 09/20/17 02:33 PM

It does seem a bit scary to run when you see all the previous posts. I'm just hoping the east bank from the Villages south is clear. Based on the maps it appears to be. Does anyone else know differently or care to clarify?
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Palestine navigation - 09/20/17 02:45 PM

The only thing I would add if planning to run the east bank, right in the area of the "X" in Texas on both maps above you will want to look out for the blue jugs and fade to the west side of those jugs. I haven't been on the lake in 2 weeks, but I would assume the water levels are dropping so the tress around the blue jugs should being showing a little more right now. Of course if you are putting in at the villages you may not have any need to run that far south.

Re: Palestine navigation - 09/22/17 07:27 PM

Thanks for the map guys. Looks like running the east side is my best bet. Question: the red line on the map in front of pine trail estates...I assume are stumps along the channel? It looks like the only real hazard if you hug the east bank. Is this so?
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Palestine navigation - 09/22/17 07:45 PM

I personally am not familiar with that hazard (Pine Trail Estates area) and have run that bank a number of times. If possible, I tend to stay within 30 yards of the docks from the villages down to the bridge and have never had an issue.

Re: Palestine navigation - 09/22/17 11:54 PM

Shallow waters....thanks. That's the advice I was looking to hear. Appreciate the info
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum