Texas Fishing Forum

electronics / offshore specialty guide

Posted By: joho5

electronics / offshore specialty guide - 09/19/17 11:52 AM

Any guides that will take you out and show you how they locate and catch offshore bass. Explaining the use of the electronics from the mapping stage, to getting there and scanning the area, locating fish, and then fishing for them?
Posted By: fouzman

Re: electronics / offshore specialty guide - 09/19/17 12:23 PM

www.eliteangleracademy.com

Clark Rheem. No better teacher for what you want.
Posted By: BriannShell

Re: electronics / offshore specialty guide - 09/19/17 12:24 PM

Slade Dougherty is the master. He's Forkfish on TFF.
Posted By: MIKE SANDERS

Re: electronics / offshore specialty guide - 09/19/17 12:30 PM

Mark Pack is running a special on 4 hour electronic trip in your boat Lake Fork.
Posted By: Outlaw Outdoors

Re: electronics / offshore specialty guide - 09/19/17 12:47 PM

Clark Reehm is definitely your guy. You will get a FULL days worth and be on overload at the end.

Clark Reehm (479) 970-3388
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: electronics / offshore specialty guide - 09/19/17 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Outlaw Outdoors
Clark Reehm is definitely your guy. You will get a FULL days worth and be on overload at the end.

Clark Reehm (479) 970-3388

I think for what you want Clark is defiantly your man. I think if you just want to learn the graphs then Slade/Forkfish is really good.

I took Clarks class and he taught more then you can retain in a day. You can ask any question and he will answer the question no matter what. Clark can show you stuff you wouldn't even know to ask. Clark is just a good guy to.

Clark will also show you how to use your graph to eliminate dead water without wasting your time fishing it.
Posted By: texasAUtiger

Re: electronics / offshore specialty guide - 09/19/17 03:13 PM

Looking at the elite angler website, am I interpreting this correctly that it is $500 per day for TWO anglers to attend? Sounds like I need to pair up with someone.

Quote:
What does it cost?
Day rate is $500, call for pricing for multiple day trips. Trips are for up to two anglers for the Elite Angler Academy or a catching trip. Call for information about classes for more than two anglers. All trips and classes can be customized to your needs or level of fishing. A deposit is due at the time of booking. See our contact page for an calendar of available days or give Clark a call.
Posted By: bccougar

Re: electronics / offshore specialty guide - 09/19/17 03:20 PM

James Biggs is pretty good with Lowrance. I don't know about hummingbird but He can definitely show you how to locate and fish for them as well.
Posted By: joho5

Re: electronics / offshore specialty guide - 09/19/17 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By: texasAUtiger
Looking at the elite angler website, am I interpreting this correctly that it is $500 per day for TWO anglers to attend? Sounds like I need to pair up with someone.

Quote:
What does it cost?
Day rate is $500, call for pricing for multiple day trips. Trips are for up to two anglers for the Elite Angler Academy or a catching trip. Call for information about classes for more than two anglers. All trips and classes can be customized to your needs or level of fishing. A deposit is due at the time of booking. See our contact page for an calendar of available days or give Clark a call.

Holler if you need another to pair up with. Not sure when I could go (I am a teacher and coach), but would love to do this.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: electronics / offshore specialty guide - 09/19/17 03:30 PM

Justin Margraves does 1/2 day trips for this, as does Mark Pack.
Posted By: Outlaw Outdoors

Re: electronics / offshore specialty guide - 09/19/17 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: texasAUtiger

Quote:
What does it cost?

For $500 you can have 2 people take his "class" and be in the boat. So yes, you can split it with someone.
Posted By: StratVoodoo

Re: electronics / offshore specialty guide - 09/19/17 05:54 PM

Went out with Slade Dougharty to set up my Humminbirds and it was some of the best money I've spent on fishing equipment. Great guy, great teacher, and extremely knowledgeable. With that being said, if your looking to learn using your electronics for offshore fishing, Mark Pack would be great as well. Pack is offering learning trips for Lowrance users, and in my opinion, you'd be hard pressed to find a better offshore / big fish guide.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum