Texas Fishing Forum

250 PRO XS ON ICLASS

Posted By: MATT REGAN

250 PRO XS ON ICLASS - 09/18/17 04:14 PM

Anyone ever ran this combo ??
Posted By: LinkLowrance

Re: 250 PRO XS ON ICLASS - 09/18/17 04:43 PM

It wasn't on an i-Class, but I've seen one on a bug. Guy ran it for a year or so and then went to a Triton with a Pro XS after that.

Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: 250 PRO XS ON ICLASS - 09/18/17 05:42 PM

UNICORN!!! Lol I haven't seen a merc on a bug since the old ones but im sure it can be done through someone. Might void a warranty through skeeter though since they have a contract with Yamaha.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: 250 PRO XS ON ICLASS - 09/18/17 06:48 PM

Saw one at Amistad over the weekend and have a friend that put a Pro xs on his Skeeter last year. He says he likes it better than the Yamaha.
Posted By: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)

Re: 250 PRO XS ON ICLASS - 09/18/17 07:39 PM

Hull and Engine are separate cannot void hull warranty with a different engine. Anybody will put any engine on any boat regardless, it just takes a little coin.

There is one that is on a hoist at Lake LBJ, Brand new Skeeter with a Pro XS. He has money, heard that he said if you want me to buy a Skeeter then put a Mercury on it. So the dealer did. You can buy any boat without an Engine.
Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: 250 PRO XS ON ICLASS - 09/19/17 04:39 AM

Originally Posted By: SkeeterDon
Hull and Engine are separate cannot void hull warranty with a different engine. Anybody will put any engine on any boat regardless, it just takes a little coin.

There is one that is on a hoist at Lake LBJ, Brand new Skeeter with a Pro XS. He has money, heard that he said if you want me to buy a Skeeter then put a Mercury on it. So the dealer did. You can buy any boat without an Engine.
Good to know! I wasn't for sure if it did or not that's why I said it might! Thanks for clearing that up! Haven't seen a newer one with a merc on it but I bet it looks and runs good!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: 250 PRO XS ON ICLASS - 09/19/17 12:25 PM

Probably similar in cost to a Skeeter with a Yam maybe a little more. Two Phoenix boats side by side rigged identically, the one with the Yam SHO 250 is $1,800 more than the one with the Merc Pro 250 XS.

Skeeter doesn't have a contract with Yamaha. Yamaha owns Skeeter.
Posted By: ssmith

Re: 250 PRO XS ON ICLASS - 09/19/17 01:57 PM

its like anything else if you have enough money it can happen the way boat manufacturers do it that are owned by motor companies it makes it cost ineffective because the package is sold. the reason Yamaha bought skeeter an g3 aluminum boats is to insure the motors that came on them are yamahas.
Posted By: R.J.E.

Re: 250 PRO XS ON ICLASS - 09/19/17 02:56 PM

I couldn't believe the cost of the Phoenix boats in the Bassmaster magazine being around ten thousand dollars cheaper then the same size Skeeter with the same stuff on it. I'd take the Phoenix even if they were the same price.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: 250 PRO XS ON ICLASS - 09/22/17 02:09 AM

There is one on this page.

http://www.bassboatcentral.com/boats4saleskeeter.htm
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: 250 PRO XS ON ICLASS - 09/22/17 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By: R.J.E.
I couldn't believe the cost of the Phoenix boats in the Bassmaster magazine being around ten thousand dollars cheaper then the same size Skeeter with the same stuff on it. I'd take the Phoenix even if they were the same price.

You can't compare a fx to a 721. If you compare anything to the 721 it should be the zx250.

The consumer has options now. You have the triton patriot. Phoenix 721. Skeeter zx. Bass Cat Cougar sp. blazer 625. And I'm sure I missed a few.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: 250 PRO XS ON ICLASS - 09/22/17 05:50 AM

I took these pics at Fork in Feb '16 at the ramp at the cove. It was a 2015 Skeeter

Posted By: WAWI

Re: 250 PRO XS ON ICLASS - 09/22/17 09:17 AM

Now if you replace the skeeter with a ranger you will have a proper setup.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum