Texas Fishing Forum

Jig heads preferences? What and why do you like a curtain style?

Posted By: bigvoldaddy

Jig heads preferences? What and why do you like a curtain style? - 09/18/17 03:52 PM

I thought I would bring up a question here to see if I get as many different answers as I got form my fishing buddies.

When it comes to jig heads (talking bottom touching style heads.) what type heads do you prefer and is the hook eye placement important to you? Example, I prefer round heads on both my skirt style jigs and shackey heads when fishing 1/8oz - 1/4oz, and a football style on both skirt jigs and or shackey heads, when fishing anything 1/4oz and above. Also I like the flat eye on the round head and the hidden eye on the football heads for both shackey and skirt jigs.

So i'm wondering if some of you are different or if you kind of live by these same basic rules
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Jig heads preferences? What and why do you like a curtain style? - 09/18/17 06:11 PM

I like a "stand up" type head in jigs that I pitch with like the Viper XP, Santone, and V&M.
I also like a hidden eye or recessed eye on my foot ball head jigs and swing head jigs.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum