Texas Fishing Forum

21 lbs. bass Lake Fork

Posted By: teambassmanager

21 lbs. bass Lake Fork - 09/17/17 03:42 AM

Seen a stuffed bass that was said to be 21 lbs. found floating with another fish in it's mouth in Lake Fork. This was at a local gas station and the man was telling me this short story but didn't really shed the whole entire light on the situation but rather just left me guessing (which leads me to this post) what is the story of this potential (close to world record bass) found floating AND are there any other close calls or big bass stories like this in or around our Texas waters?
Posted By: Nathan_Flovin

Re: 21 lbs. bass Lake Fork - 09/17/17 04:07 AM

not sure about any other ones, but the fish your referring to should be the one in fisherman's one stop if I'm correct. They have told me that it was found alive with a 2lb crappie stuck in its throat. after doing everything they could to revive it the fish died. They couldn't turn it in either due to it being dead.
Posted By: Jay_Eichler Lake Fork Guide

Re: 21 lbs. bass Lake Fork - 09/17/17 09:48 AM

The fish is in Oakridge Marina tackle shop.
Posted By: Slade

Re: 21 lbs. bass Lake Fork - 09/17/17 08:54 PM

Both places have a replica of the same fish
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: 21 lbs. bass Lake Fork - 09/17/17 09:38 PM

My understanding on that fish was it weighed 19.62 and found by a guy name Doc something.

I also remember TP&W first statement was that the fish had gained weight from being in the water and absorbing the water.

Not to dis-credit a huge fish but this is the way I remembered it back in the days when it happened many years ago. Best I can remember.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: 21 lbs. bass Lake Fork - 09/18/17 12:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell
My understanding on that fish was it weighed 19.62 and found by a guy name Doc something.

I also remember TP&W first statement was that the fish had gained weight from being in the water and absorbing the water.

Not to dis-credit a huge fish but this is the way I remembered it back in the days when it happened many years ago. Best I can remember.

Marc is that the same fish Brian Duplechian son found in the late 90's??
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: 21 lbs. bass Lake Fork - 09/18/17 12:57 AM

Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Yes it is and it was found on April Fool's Day 1990 or 1991. I was on the lake that day and heard about it when we came in to eat lunch. We all thought it was an April Fools joke. Supposedly the fish weighed 20 lbs 8 oz on one scale.
Posted By: teambassmanager

Re: 21 lbs. bass Lake Fork - 09/18/17 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Yes it is and it was found on April Fool's Day 1990 or 1991. I was on the lake that day and heard about it when we came in to eat lunch. We all thought it was an April Fools joke. Supposedly the fish weighed 20 lbs 8 oz on one scale.

Amazing.. I knew someone would know something TFF always comes through. So just to get this right - it was prob a 15-16 lbs. fish that gained weight by absorbing water and was found with a fish stuck in it's mouth in the early nindies.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum