Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance Fish Finder Settings

Posted By: Jake F.

Lowrance Fish Finder Settings - 09/14/17 02:02 PM

I have two lowrance HDS fish finders on my boat, one mounted on the back, and one (having 3D structure scan capabilities) on the trolling motor. What are the best settings for viewing the sonar / structure scan / etc. and seeing fish and structure clearly? I typically fish on lakes such as grapevine and Lewisville. I've been trying to figure this out for a while now. Thank you.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Lowrance Fish Finder Settings - 09/14/17 02:12 PM

Settings are really a personal preference, and different from person to person. I suggest you buy the DVD Ben Parker Breaking Bass. He went into great detail about getting your Lowrance units tuned to a general setting. I set mine to his general settings then fine tuned my units and now they're flawless. That's the best suggestion I have for you.
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Lowrance Fish Finder Settings - 09/14/17 02:37 PM

Lots of info on Youtube
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Lowrance Fish Finder Settings - 09/14/17 02:57 PM

If you've got the time and the money, you need to go book a trip with Slade Dougherty at Lake Fork. He will not only fine tune the graphs but also go out in your boat and show you how to read them and get the most out of their functionality.
Posted By: munawar

Re: Lowrance Fish Finder Settings - 09/14/17 06:01 PM

I suggest contacting Capt. Craig on this forum. My daughter and I took sonar class with him for my Lowrance. It's very well worth it.

Munawar
Posted By: M. Massoletti

Re: Lowrance Fish Finder Settings - 09/15/17 12:40 AM

+100 on slade. I seen what he did with a buddies graph and dang
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum