Texas Fishing Forum

Ultrex and a Z7

Posted By: Coach Jaywhy

Ultrex and a Z7 - 09/13/17 06:04 PM

So I just had my ultrex installed on my 2015 z7. It's awesome but the footpedal doesn't fit the recessed tray. Will cutting out the area for a bigger tray negate the warranty on the hull? Also the Z7 has a unique place for the trolling motor plug. Is there a tray that will fit a Nitro?
Posted By: RJACK81

Re: Ultrex and a Z7 - 09/20/17 01:38 PM

I was told by tracker I could add a larger tray by a certified tracker service center. Who knows what that would cost. Ended up direct wiring my trolling motor. The foot pedal fits perfectly now. I may end up adding a new bow cover plate with the plug on the top at a later date. Hope this helps.
Posted By: G Rod

Re: Ultrex and a Z7 - 09/22/17 03:35 PM

Rjack, you might check the Ultrex instructions but many of the MK trollers keep the electronic boad electrified anytime the unit is plugged in. Could cause you some longevity issues if that is the case with the Ultrex.
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: Ultrex and a Z7 - 09/22/17 03:43 PM

C-rap! I was going to put one on my new z18. It's never straight forward with boats it seems! realmad
Posted By: squib

Re: Ultrex and a Z7 - 09/22/17 03:44 PM

The Ultrex has a switch to turn it off. And a bright blue light to show when it is on. I leave mine plugged in all the time. I just turn off the switch when not in use
Posted By: Harvard Ag

Re: Ultrex and a Z7 - 09/22/17 03:59 PM

I had the same problem with my Basscat Sabre. I purchased my Ultrex from Jones Trolling Motors in Texarkana, Arkansas. Mr. Jones removed the trolling motor plug, but installed a on/off switch on the batteries that cuts power to the trolling motor when not in use. He told me that it is potentially dangerous not to disable the batteries to trolling motor connection even when you turn off the tolling motor switch. That's just what he told me.

Re: Ultrex and a Z7 - 09/22/17 05:30 PM

Sounds like putting an on/off switch is the way to go...just to be safe. I've never unplugged my maxxum for storage. I honestly have never unplugged a trolling motor for storage. It is worth installing the switch just for peace of mind.

Re: Ultrex and a Z7 - 09/22/17 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: i-Fish
C-rap! I was going to put one on my new z18. It's never straight forward with boats it seems! realmad

I've been told the Z18 has a larger tray to fit the Ultrex. You should be fine.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum